A small OTA update is rolling out now for the ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity (TF700), bringing the build number up to 10.4.4.18 (formerly 10.4.4.16). GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, camera, and kernel version numbers have remained unchanged.
Here’s the official changelog:
Camera (All SKUs)
- Fix the issue that switching to front camera in Facebook app would cause Facebook app to crash.
Wi-Fi (All SKUs)
- Fix the issue that some 802.1x Wi-Fi APs cannot be connected after upgrading to Jelly Bean.
ASUS Software Keyboard (All SKUs)
- Fix the issue that “Y” and “Z” characters are opposite in ASUS Czech (QWERTY) keyboard.
- Fix the issue that Backspace key on dock does not work in Browser input field to delete words randomly.
Widgets (CN SKU only)
- Fix the issue that user selects Google Search Widget in “Widgets” page would cause ‘this widget not responding.’
Browser (All SKUs except CN SKU)
- Added Google Bookmark sync function to Android Default Browser.
Encryption (All SKUs)
- Fix issues that, with the TF700T encrypted in ICS and Wi-Fi on, user cannot enter system after upgrading to Jelly Bean.
- With TF700T encrypted in Jelly Bean and restart pad with Wi-Fi on, user cannot enter system.
I have confirmed that Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper will restore root access after applying this OTA update. Other than these bug fixes listed above, I have not noticed any new features, any new bugs, or any performance differences, probably making this one of the most insignificant ASUS updates for end users in recent memory. Still, it’s good to see that a few little bugs here and there were squashed, and I also always like being on the most recent software version.
Unfortunately, the Android OS is still at 4.1.1, but that’s to be expected, since 4.1.2 has only been out for a short while.[Android Police]