Sense 4.5 ICS comes to rooted HTC EVO 4G LTEs

2012 10 01 13.42.38 - for some reason we don't have an alt tag hereA functioning Sense 4.5 ROM has been developed for the HTC EVO 4G LTE by Chubbzlou and Sac23, and it looks pretty nifty.

To clear up some eminent confusion, although the Sense 4.5 camera mod is included in several ROMs at the moment, and MeanROM is up to version 4.5 (and includes the Sense 4.5 camera mod), so far no Sense 4.5 ROMs have been released – until now.

Sense 4.5 is an updated version of the Sense 4.1 platform and had been rumored to be released with the Android Jellybean updates from HTC.

The ROM, which seems to be unnamed or named “Sense 4.5 ICS,” includes the usual mods, tweaks, and programs we’ve come to love in the root world.

The ROM includes the HTC One boot logo and sound, which I’ve always despised in a ROM, but you can remove that later if it annoys you as much as it does me.

Fairly important to note is that, if you’re coming from another ROM, you’re most likely going to have to do a factory reset to clear settings, as this ROM does not seem to play too nicely with old data laying about in the system. It’s a good idea any time, but for me it was a requirement to keep my mail from crashing.

I could not locate anywhere a list of what Sense 4.5 offers over 4.0 or 4.1, and I’ve not run Rosie as a launcher in a while, so I’m guessing that the following are the main changes: The ROM includes a landscape Rosie mode, a slightly different looking Sense 4.5 camera which includes two more options on-screen for white balance and ISO, long pressing the screen brings up a screen with multiple options to add widgets/wallpaper/apps as opposed to a menu, application menu transitions seem different, and the whole thing seems a lot snappier than I recall Sense 4.1 being, although that may be more from the developer than from the Sense upgrade.

Sense45 - for some reason we don't have an alt tag here

It’s a pretty neat Sense ROM and seems to fly like the wind. Since the camera is the main thing that Sense 4.5 has going for it in my opinion, there really isn’t a huge difference that I can see between this Sense 4.5 camera and the Sense 4.5 cameras that are shipping with other ROMs – just those two new buttons.

If you’re chomping at the bit wanting a new version of Sense, this ROM’s got it going on. My bet is other ROMs will soon follow suite should you care to stick with your current ROM/developer of choice.

Let us know how this works out for you if you flash it.

[TheMikMik]
become a patron button - for some reason we don't have an alt tag here

Paul E King

11 thoughts on “Sense 4.5 ICS comes to rooted HTC EVO 4G LTEs

October 1, 2012 at 8:10 pm

Sweet, seems like positive changes. I like meanrom and im sure the rest of these things will be implemented soon

October 1, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Anyone know if there is a way to flash sense 4.5 over a stock based Rom? I love sense and want the latest but get scared when people mess with it too much.

October 2, 2012 at 12:11 am

The rom is amazing but downside…..some how the playstor dose not link up correctly so all your paid apk dont shpw up. If you use Tittanium backup id advise to do a backup before testing but remember youll be limited to the free version so a dropbox save will not work.

October 2, 2012 at 12:38 am

Update** aftet to resets all my perchesed apks.showed up in the play store. However most sence roms have mods alowing you to usr your recent button to.bring up menues. This one.I’d.no.diffrent however ur dose not work at the moment making some things.imposible to do.

October 2, 2012 at 5:11 am

This rom is perfect, except im having the same problem too. My recent apps button doesnt bring up the menu on the homescreen or in any other app. While typing this on my phone, i just notice that all the common words in the dictionary dont show up.

October 2, 2012 at 8:36 am

It’s also worth noting that this I’d not Android 4.1its 4.0.4 and that the rom I’d built of some Asian language…… I cant tell but when u make a call under the numbers there are caricathers…and like cart d said the auto correct is not working. That I’d something i live off of as im dislexic

October 2, 2012 at 9:36 am

Carl D. If you go into the keyboard setings and switch it from automatic to english us and then advance settings select auto correct you sould get some but not all functionality back of the feature

October 2, 2012 at 10:42 am

Thanks, but have SwiftKey keyboard backup on titanium. That fixed the problem. My main issue is the recent button not working as a menu button.

October 5, 2012 at 11:13 am

Are there quick settings in the notification bar in this rom? I don’t know why the EVO 4G LTE sense 4.1 update doesn’t have it but I really wanted that back.

October 10, 2012 at 2:21 am

Hopefully the update for the EVO LTE gets pushed this month, just like ill be for the international version.

Too bad Sprint will most likely mess with it before though, making it be delayed.