Sprint says to expect news on Jelly Bean for HTC EVO 4G LTE “any day now”

sprint logo3 - for some reason we don't have an alt tag here

To Jelly Bean, or not to Jelly Bean – that is the question. Indeed, that’s the question on the minds of multitudes of HTC EVO 4G LTE owners who have been patiently (or not so patiently) waiting for information from Sprint and HTC as to when to expect this OTA update. While we were led to believe that we’d see something by November 27, that time has come and gone, leading many to speculate about whether or not the EVO 4G LTE would even see Jelly Bean at all.

Things, however, are starting to look a bit more hopeful, as I just stumbled across this tweet from one of Sprint’s official social media accounts.

@misfit0313 No announcements just yet, stay tuned. Should be expecting some news any day now. #jellybean #sprint #lte*JAC

This was sent in response to this inquiry:

@sprintcare @sprint Any news on the Jelly Bean update for the HTC Evo 4g LTE? Android 4.1 or 4.2? Sense 4.5? ETA?

We’ve played this game before, so we’ll just have to wait and see if this news turns out to be true. But I would certainly like to know who “JAC” is, and what else this person might know.

[Twitter]
become a patron button - for some reason we don't have an alt tag here

John F

98 thoughts on “Sprint says to expect news on Jelly Bean for HTC EVO 4G LTE “any day now”

November 30, 2012 at 4:07 pm

Happy Birthday to me if it’s on Monday :)

December 3, 2012 at 9:25 am

Today is my Birthday too!

December 4, 2012 at 5:56 pm

Unfortunately we got no JB luv…

But Happy Birthday to you!

November 30, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Nobody hold their breath… Of else there will likely be a lot of oxygen deprived EVO users

November 30, 2012 at 6:12 pm

Yeah, I won’t believe it until I see it on my phone. Another cryptic tweet from a Customer Care Specialist. We know how reliable they are… Anyway, thanks for the update Jeremy.

November 30, 2012 at 4:39 pm

I have been following that android central post you posted on here on the 15th and there are multiple people on there saying that they know people or they have talked to people who are high up in sprint. Supposedly it had some bugs and they are going to push it out on the 12/2. Now being that that is a Sunday it sounds fishy to me but I will definitely be checking to see if you guys get it. I will not get it because I am running cm10 but I am leaving it to the devs to get me a rom ASAP lol I wouldn’t hold your breath about Sunday but it would be pretty awesome.

November 30, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Sunday release? well maybe haha the prompt dates are usually standard technological release dates but sometimes the manual check dates are random. So I feel the same way. Fingers crossed.

November 30, 2012 at 5:00 pm

yap yap yap and a yap. Shut up or put out..lol

December 3, 2012 at 2:53 am

isn’t that statement a little rapey?

November 30, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Well one of the forums I belong to someone said an HTC Rep was there. And that they said December 2nd. I can’t say that’s the truth. But I’m hopeful!

November 30, 2012 at 5:37 pm

I have received and OTA update on a Sunday before. This was with the OG Evo.

November 30, 2012 at 6:13 pm

i dont even care anymore.. real talk.. all i care about is some anthrax on my LTE and ill be happy :)

November 30, 2012 at 8:27 pm

It doesn’t even matter…too little too late! I’m gone as soon as I can get out of my contract. Nexus devices from here on out and hopefully HTC won’t make another one. All their phones look exactly the same. What a way to treat a “flagship” device!

November 30, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Sprint doesn’t know “Jac”….har, har, har…is this thing on?

November 30, 2012 at 10:08 pm

My birthday ended 2:09 Minutes ago. I hope they release it soon.

December 1, 2012 at 1:40 am

I vow to never buy another HTC phone as long as I live as hell has just frozen over, “Jelly Bean OTA Update For Epic 4G Touch (Build FK23)”! http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/11/30/download-rumored-jelly-bean-ota-update-for-epic-4g-touch-build-fk23/

I mean Samsung now has all four lines of their phones (SGS2, SGS3, Note 1. Note 2) and two generations on Jelly Bean but HTC doesn’t have their flagship or first!? I’m so done!

If I could get someone to buy my EVO LTE so I could get a Note 2 or GS3 for no money out of pocket I would say goodbye to HTC in the morning! That is really sad for me to say as I love Sense and their build quality. I’m amazed by how far and fast HTC has fallen in under two years, R.I.P. HTC 2013! Mark it!

December 1, 2012 at 7:44 am

I am done with sprint and HTC

December 1, 2012 at 10:18 am

I’m sick of all of the twitter lies.

December 1, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Another unhappy HTC user ready to jump ship…..

December 1, 2012 at 8:53 pm

As much as I dislike Samsung as a company (Which is why I dont buy their phones), I am starting to think I might simply have to eat my words and go to them.

I have always sported for HTC because of their build quality. Sadly, that is not all they should care about! There is also an OS which deserves an upgrade, specially when it is supposed to be a “flagship” phone. And yes, I do root my phone and install custom ROM’s anyways, but my parents dont, my gf doesnt, and some of my friends either. They deserve the same goodies I have from a 600 dollar phone.

I truly wish HTC executives read all comments posted across the net before they went to a board member meeting. Then ask themselves the question which I am sure is in their minds. “So, why are we not selling as much phones as we should?” The question would have had been answered already.

December 2, 2012 at 9:00 am

It’s true Sierra_Delta, I also have had all 3 Evo’s and you’re right the original Evo was by far the best. Maybe not spec wise, but the fact that I never had issues with it and sprint really was dedicated to pushing updates and truly making that phone it’s premier phone. I now feel likeI’ve bought a phone that for 2 weeks was on to of the world but after that it became just another phone in their lineup. Both sprint & HTC have really moved away from this phone and have all but wrote it off. If sprint isn’t going to offer me 4G or even reliable 3G on this “super” phone, then at least update my OS and make it worth being excited about again.

December 2, 2012 at 9:14 am

Sprint stopped caring about the EVO line right around the time they got the iPhone. Remember they were pushing it as “this is way better then the iPhone, get this instead!” They updated it frequently and it was championed as its go to phone. Pretty much saved Sprint. And now they also have the nexus line and galaxy s line so they don’t care too much anymore.

December 2, 2012 at 3:31 am

I threw in the towel on HTC and the LTEVO 2 weeks ago.Used my upgrade on the Galaxy III and am very happy with the phone so far.

Had all three flavors of EVO and none came close to the original.Shame really.

December 2, 2012 at 7:27 am

I’m about to do the same. OG EVO still working like a champ. New LTE on my hip. But not for much longer. They really need to do something before they completely lose their fan base.

December 2, 2012 at 9:06 am

:-( waiting………………………………… Any day now…………….S3……………………..forced…………….. Still not buying an Iphone………………. Maybe lg nexus 4………………… HTC, you’re killing us here!!!!!

December 2, 2012 at 4:26 pm

Another one of sprint’s “coming soon” blabber. What else is new.

December 2, 2012 at 4:30 pm

If it isn’t announced this coming week I have already found someone on craigslist that wants to do and even swap. EVO for SIII…… Just saying.

December 2, 2012 at 4:36 pm

I finally got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jellybean meet evo 4g lte!!!!!!!!!!!!!! about time!!

December 2, 2012 at 4:49 pm

Are you serious!? I just checked and nothing for me..

December 2, 2012 at 5:01 pm

pics or it didn’t happen….lol

December 2, 2012 at 6:24 pm

I’m with you on this. Pics… multiple pics of different screens, haha.

December 2, 2012 at 6:03 pm

I have been checking all day… 8:00 pm now, and no update. There has been no indication that it’s even coming. I will not believe it until I see it with my own eyes. Something tells me it will not be coming until March, if it comes at all. Again, Sprint said the EVO LTE was better than the iPhone, but now the don’t want to support anything else. iPhone is a joke.

December 2, 2012 at 6:34 pm

I think it’s safe to say sprint and htc run on valve time now.

December 2, 2012 at 7:18 pm

Another hoax Dec 2nd ok it’s come and gone ,I knew a release on Sunday sounds fishy to me from get go! Tired of the speculation from sites and blogs if you don’t hear from Sprint or HTC forget about it.Waste of time…

December 2, 2012 at 8:20 pm

I am starting to think that HTC “has jumped the shark”.

December 2, 2012 at 9:14 pm

i hope someone from htc see’s how mad we all are and all the people that are jumping ship because of there bs…im almost ready to sell my evo on CL also.. this phone is bad luck all around

December 2, 2012 at 10:04 pm

12:03 am Chicago and no updates available. HTC and sprint are both full of crap.

December 2, 2012 at 11:15 pm

i wish it was true i hope it coms out this month

December 3, 2012 at 8:05 am

Sprint & HTC have never said Jellybean would be released on Dec 2nd. A commenter in this thread mentioned reading a post on another website saying thatsa person had spoke to someone at sprint and was told it would be updated Dec 2nd…third party rumors. Now with that being said…did I push my update button repeatedly on the 2nd? You bet your sweet arse I did. Was I disappointed? Indeed. Did I blame sprint for lying to us? No, because they didn’t. Sprint is definitely leaving the Evo high & dry it seems though. It’ll come when it comes, but I’m not going to blame sprint because Rickys brothers girlfriends niece Tanya heard from Bobbys mother Gertrude who bought a sprint phone that it was for sure going to be updated this month before the Mayans predicted the world was going to end. But yes, it still makes me mad. Come on sprint, show us a little Jellybean love before my screen gets a dead spot on it from mashing the update button 100 times a day.

December 3, 2012 at 9:06 am

Hahahahahahaha!!!!

December 3, 2012 at 8:55 am

I have torches and pitchforks for sale in my General Store. I promise I didn’t mark up the prices either.

December 3, 2012 at 11:02 am

Lol, I’ll take 2 of those pitchforks from your General Store. I just hope my oxen don’t die of dysentery or waiting for aJellybean update before I get there.

December 3, 2012 at 12:56 pm

I went to the htc facebook page to voice my opinion i suggest some of u copy my comment and post it on their fb page.. its the only way they will pay attention, this is what i wrote….

MotherF**king congrats to u for 1 million but i bet there more than 1 million evo lte customers that want updates.. this was a flagship phone for sprint and once again it has been left in the shadows.. how is it that canadian galaxy s3 owners have jelly bean and we dont??? even crappy sony xperia phones are getting OTA jelly bean and SPRINT customers with the evo dont get sh*t!!! my phone has been rooted since i bought it and ive been running one of the best custome ROMS out but still thats really irresponsible from both sprint and htc and no one ever seems to have a f**king clue or answer to what is going on.. if u gave more support to ur devices maybe ur stock wouldnt be going down.. HTC and sprint both should go into the xda forums and other android related sites to get a big idea of how unsatisfied customers are.. people arent buying htc products not because they arent worth it but BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF SUPPORT.. HTC DEVICES HAVE THE BEST BUILD QUALITY OUT ON THE MARKET BUT STILL FEEL LIKE THEY RUN SOFTWARE FROM 2 YEARS AGO AND BOTH COMPANIES ARE TO BLAME!!!

December 3, 2012 at 1:01 pm

I couldn’t have said it any better than that…

December 3, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Excited that my E4GT will be getting JB very soon. Not so excited that HTC is still dropping the ball on updates for their phones as I was planning on gettting the “Butterfly J” / DNA / whatever Sprint names it when it comes out. Maybe I’ll just wait another year…

December 3, 2012 at 1:15 pm

Save yourself the headache of waiting for an update that will never come. Treat yourself to an iPhone and don’t look back.

I know the haters will come out in force but my phone is always getting the latest update. They are forcing you to buy a new phone and making your current “just fine” phone obsolete in the process.

Software and Hardware Fragmentation. That is why ANDROID SUCKS!

December 3, 2012 at 1:15 pm

Ok this is ridiculous… I just got another response from @sprintcare on Twitter.

@sprintcare @jmyers1911 Hey J, no official launch date yet, but we’ll keep you posted. hang in there. *PMC

Ok first it was a few days and now its no official word still… That is it, my Evo is going on Craigslist tonight and Im getting a Samsung Galaxy S3

December 3, 2012 at 2:07 pm

No why the hell would you do that when the Galaxy S3 has the same issue? It’s Android silly. So to TEACH SPRINT A LESSON YOU ARE GOING TO GIVE THEM MORE MONEY?

DUMB AND DUMBER.

Go iPhone fool!

December 3, 2012 at 2:09 pm

havnt u noticed that no one has commented on ur iphone comments? its because we choose to ignore you and now u start trolling why are u even here if u have an iphone? this is the evo section comments and people like u get ignored for ignorance

December 3, 2012 at 3:35 pm

@Amy, before you start calling people dummies know your facts… I have an Android and an iPhone 5… All my friends with Samsung Galaxy S3 on Sprint has the jelly bean update. That’s why we are all upset Amy. Start reading the damn threads before you start talking nonsense! And if you love Apple so much, why you on this site. Kick rocks!

December 3, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Your stupidity has no boundaries. Buy the superior device and you don’t have to suffer. Instead you want to think you are different by buying an inferior product then cry on the internet when you find out it sucks! Get a clue.

Ignoring me doesn’t change the facts. I laugh at you.

December 3, 2012 at 2:57 pm

Lol.

You sound like a person who accepts things at face value. That type of non-analytic personality has nothing to offer in a field of open source development and open minded community. Android is superior if you wield it correctly.

December 3, 2012 at 3:02 pm

Apple does the same thing! They just fragment hardware while android fragments software. Siri isnt on every iphone either so i think that qualifies as fragging too. I rather get a phone my grandma or 4 year old cousin cant pick up and start using anyway….id get a nexus device before I got an “ancient” iPhone!

December 3, 2012 at 3:05 pm

its funny cause my 2nd gen ipod doesnt update to ios 4.3 and almost all the apps in the apps store need 4.3 to run and theres no way even if jailbroken that i can update the ipod but atleast my OG evo i can flash a ics rom and yet the claim is that iphone and ios is superior??? yea right!

December 3, 2012 at 3:53 pm

You guys have turned this thread into something that im sure i will not get any useful info from now. Thanks…keep to the point of Jb please!

December 3, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Maybe they will be the first to bring out Key Lime Pie.

December 4, 2012 at 2:24 am

My birthday the 3rd as well:-)

December 4, 2012 at 7:48 am

Looks like att is updating its gs3 with jb. We are in the hole folks. Sprint and htc are on some purple kool-aid…Crazy

December 4, 2012 at 8:19 am

I called htc today and the person I talked to said that jelly bean won’t come out till early to mid January.

December 4, 2012 at 9:30 am

The build quality is the only reason i did not get the gs3…What a bad move. Lte is not doing so well.

December 4, 2012 at 9:45 am

I have JB on my Transformer Prime and I have had all 3 EVO’s so I guess I’ll wait. My friend whom is on my account and I share a plan with cause of my work discount well she just got the S3 cause she got it for 99 cents and it has JB already. It’s a great fast phone but I like HTC and Sense. But Android is the best no matter what. I was going to call HTC and ask them also but I guess there is no need too. Cause Sprint didn’t know when I asked.

December 4, 2012 at 4:36 pm

How did it go from “any day now” and to “early to mid January?” can someone from sprint or HTC come out with a decent solid time frame instead of stringing their customers along? How hard is it to throw out a tentative date and keep to it?

December 4, 2012 at 6:00 pm

**** HTC… I’ve loved and had all their phones ever since the dumb mogul. Ima sell this crap and get the galaxy note 2. There’s no point in waiting. Everyone look at the videos for the note 2. It makes u wanna toss your EVO 4glte.

December 4, 2012 at 6:27 pm

the mogul wasnt dumb i had it too and the one that came before it those were great devices..

December 4, 2012 at 8:17 pm

Well my point is I’ve had my share of HTC phones. These are great phones, sturdy, and they can take a beating. Sprint has great phones but bad service. I hate paying for 4g that I have never used. Been waiting since my first EVO. If sprint isn’t gonna care then take it into your own hands. I sold my tablet and I’m about to sell my 4g Lte. It’s time for Change, I figured for my everyday use I need the note 2.

December 5, 2012 at 12:54 am

its funny to see everyone crying cause they have to wait god forbid none of you have the latest greatest thing right away whats wrong are your friends rubbing it in cause they got it first dry up and get over it if your so unhappy go buy a different phone who cares besides if any of you were serious you would of already switched instead of crying on here about it yes I want the JB too but I still love my EVO LTE its better than the 4G that I upgraded from besides I have played with my friends phones I’m staying with my HTC I’m loving it

December 6, 2012 at 1:23 am

@Nikkie A lil punctuation goes a long way y’know…I had to read your comment twice just to get your point.

December 5, 2012 at 6:13 am

I love my EVO 4g LTE. Have had ZERO problems with it. It would be cool to get jelly bean but I have no problem waiting for a update with no bugs. I had the origional evo 4g for over 2 years and am very happy with the new one.

December 5, 2012 at 7:55 am

Love my EVO 4G LTE. Whiners all of them. Really now, what will JB give you that you don’t have now with ICS? Anyone who leaves or threatens to leave Sprint because of a silly software update have nothing better to do than complain. Babies…

December 5, 2012 at 8:35 am

What are you smoking Greg?! Timely updates should come as part of a $600 purchase number one. Number two the update adds the Siri contender, Google Now, smooth Project Butter, offline voice typing, awesome new notifications, the knowledge graph (searching), and tons more minor changes that make Android shine. It’s like comparing Ice Cream Sandwich to Gingerbread!? I mean come on all Samsung phones now have Jelly Bean and even Motorola phones have it now?

And when any of you saying your EVO LTE is great, wait until you have LTE light up in your city and it never works or you’re always on 3G while your friends are on super fast LTE. The EVO LTE has severe LTE issues documented even by Sprint and HTC themselves. I would really rather have that fixed before Jelly Bean but I’d take anything they would give me right now as up to this point it’s been nothing. So yes a lot of people are complaining about the update but many just think the update will fix the horrid LTE issues.

December 5, 2012 at 11:38 am

Hey Fifth – $600 purchase?!? You got fleeced. And I have LTE in my home area. Works great for me.

And to back up bk w/bloody – you paid for ICS ($600? sheez!)

Just having to have the latest and greatest like the frustration over not having an update demonstrates the classic instant gratification behavior of setting short term aims and wanting the rewards straight away rather than waiting to receive them in the future. This is common with the working classes. Upper classes are taught to defer gratification which means setting long term goals and receiving the benefits at a later date.

Guess we’re a class apart…

December 5, 2012 at 8:48 am

Thank you for stepping in 5th.
    If you want a good dinner will you go to the place that serves good food but it takes .5 hrs to get it or the place that also serves good food but it takes 3 hrs to be served? Will you take your car to good place that will have it back to you in one day or the place w/ good service that will have it back in a week? Need your pc fixed will you take it too the good place that will have it in 48hrs back to your home or the place that will take 5 working days? The point is you suck ppl into buying this wonderful phone but you will not update the software in a timely fashion. NO cry baby! but when i spend my money i want what i paid for..

December 5, 2012 at 10:59 am

your comment makes no sense, One, waiting for a repair or food isn’t the same as waiting on an OS upgrade. Secondly, you didn’t pay for jelly bean, you spent your money on ice cream and that is what you paid for and that is what you got.

December 5, 2012 at 1:18 pm

If they would have pushed out another fix (attempted) for the LTE scanning/connection and the ringtone issue, some EVO LTE owners may have been pacified. The other problem is a new issue (Contact’s lag) has arisen, so that makes 3 issues off the top of my head. EVO LTE owners see the SIII for example getting LTE tweaks over a period of time, so it appears as if Samsung is trying to fine tune their device. All this adds up to dissatisfied EVO LTE owners who feel like their needs are not being met for a device that’s only 6-7 months old.

December 5, 2012 at 11:48 am

It makes plenty of sense. Its part of the service that comes with you paying.

December 5, 2012 at 1:07 pm

On the comments about “whining” and “complaining”… It’s not really about JB, so much as it is about being made to feel as if we don’t count in the android world. We bought a great phone, we would just like to see it supported. No one likes to be ignored and in the tech realm, this is being ignored. In the end, we all just want to know that we count.

December 5, 2012 at 1:22 pm

Seriously?! It’s not cool at All to sign a new contract or pay full price for a “flagship” phone, for a more recent update come out like three months later, damn there all the competitor phones that came out afterwards are updated (or have a timetable to be updated), and still not know anything! When you buy a new Android device, you expect to get the First update in a timely manner at the least. Especially when it was hyped like the LTE! HTC nor Sprint even mentions this phone anymore. Once again, I will never buy another phone that isn’t a Nexus device and I won’t be signing anymore contracts…Especially with scamming Sprint! Jellybean wont change my mind when it does come either!

December 5, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Soooooooooooo u called sprint and tried to get a response and spoke to someone that seemed like they knew what they were doing and basically found an answer from htc posted back on nov 2 saying that they dont know when if they even get jb update and then i started getting pissed because he was using google to try and answer my question.. really bro?

December 6, 2012 at 6:13 am

I couldn’t wait for JB so last week I rooted my phone and put on CM10. Its great! If you cant wait for JB root!

December 7, 2012 at 7:01 am

This is what they want to happen! They are turning all of us against each other can’t you guys see! Lmao jk too perfect to pass up. HTC and sprint get your asses in gear grampa!! Wtf

December 7, 2012 at 7:27 am

So here’s the deal…I want JB on my Evo Lte as much as anyone else. However, I will not sit around and whine about the slow update process. When you purchase a device, you are basically buying it “as is.” No device (with the exception of the Nexus line) is promised further updates- unless the manufacturer specifically says otherwise. We all purchased an ICS device. The Evo has never been promised to receive an update. With that said, I really do believe we will get the JB update soon enough. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are working to just bypass 4.1 altogether and give us 4.2 when they finally release the update. This is what happened when the OG Evo got GB. I believe it was the first device updated to version 3.7- even before the NS4g, if I remember correctly. Given the update history for the Evo line, when it does get updates, it’s usually updated to the latest version available.

Knowing this, I also have a Nexus 7- running 4.2. And let me tell you, it’s not without its fair share of bugs and issues. It restarts itself at least once a day. I don’t know about you, but I would rather HTC and Sprint make sure these sorts of problems are well taken care of before they push out an update. So, there is no doubt in my mind that the Evo Lte will in fact receive the JB update, but I believe Sprint and HTC are just making sure the issues are worked out first- especially if we may be getting 4.2, instead of 4.1.

December 7, 2012 at 11:23 am

Thank you for this. I really couldn’t agree more.

December 9, 2012 at 2:20 am

Rick, no offense but you must be smoking what Greg is smoking?! And we might be getting 4.2, which is why it’s taking so long!? LMAOLMAOLMAO! That must be some good stuff you got there?! I would bet my LIFE we will be lucky to get any form of Jelly Bean soon, but definitely NOT 4.2! We will sadly probably never see 4.2 and if ever not till next Summer or Fall. HTC doesn’t even have 4.2 on their just released phones, which means they are not giving it to the redheaded stepchild, EVO LTE.

All new flagship or high-end Android phones are all but guaranteed at least one year of updates and software fixes. Depending on the company (Samsung) they are upgrading two year old phones to Jelly Bean! OK, and let’s go on your theory of no updates and phone as-is, WHERE THE HECK IS OUR FIXES FOR OUR AS-IS PHONES!? LTE has severe useability issues, 3G connection issues, Wifi connectivity issues, multitasking issues, HTC auto disabling sync to conserve battery “bug” (I consider this a bug as there is no way to disable or reenable sync), contacts/phone lag issue, proximity sensor bugs and overheating bug just to name a few.

Just the LTE bug makes the phone unusable as an LTE device which is why Sprint stop pushing the device and instructed stores to not even name it as an LTE device. I believe we will eventually find out that it is a hardware bug that cannot be fixed but they will never actually come out and tell us that as they would have to replace all of our phones for free. So I’m sorry if my AS-IS phone isn’t cutting it, RICK!

December 9, 2012 at 2:25 am

Forgot the default sense browser force close bug! Oh and the last one I can think of is the Bluetooth bug! Anyone think of any current bugs, which according to Rick and Greg we should learn to love and live with?

December 10, 2012 at 5:24 am

My point is, no amount of whining and moaning about it is gonna get you an update before anyone else. If you want to be miserable because of this, that’s your prerogative. But for me, it isn’t worth it. If it’s that big of a deal with you, shut up and root your freaking phone already! As for me, I’m gonna happily go on about my business, and when my phone finally gets upgraded, I’ll be happy.

December 7, 2012 at 11:34 am

Noooo..when I get a high end “Android” phone I EXPECT to get atleast the next update! The Android platform, rarely makes small changes to its OS, so I believe newer phones are bought with the expectation of at least one update. Especially when it was one of the first to come out this year! The iPhone is sold with a less expectation of being updated. We should have been one of the first to get Jellybean. HTC and Sprint just dropped the ball on this one!

December 7, 2012 at 2:17 pm

I agree with you. The current track record for Android is for the newest devices to receive at least one update. And if you believe that, then there’s nothing for us to worry about, right?

However, just because this the way it has been for a while does not make it a promise to consumers. You’d be fooling yourself to think your phone is entitled to an update, just because it’s newer. Like I said, if you want to play the entitlement game, buy a Nexus. If not, then just be patient.

December 7, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Patient my a**! I think we’ve been patient long enough with Sprints lack luster LTE and 3g performance for a flagship device. We got this phone first and will be the last to get jb amongst Sprints high end phone line up! Once again…its supposed to be a flagship phone! And forget jb…can we get an update to fix the 5 months worth of bugs this phone has! I mean if I thought this phone would’ve received the type of support it has gotten I would have made a different choice. But I guess we just buy phones priced the same as competitor phones and expect sub par customer service from that manufacturer and carrier.

December 8, 2012 at 9:35 am

Wow, about as soon as they make a profit!

December 9, 2012 at 12:15 pm

here is what i got “@amh2642 I’m looking forward to #Jellybean as well. At this time we haven’t received any communications on when EVO LTE will get it. *HMS”

December 9, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Okay after reading on other sites, I feel better about this whole situation. It seems the s3 has not been updated to Jellybean across the carriers as well, and HTC was the first to adress Jellybean updates for their phones and appears that the issue is that of a CID http://www.captees.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/htc-one-x-wifi.jpg. And check out this link http://www.popherald.com/news_20121208_android_update_motorola_samsung_htc_december-21546. Hopefully we’ll get it soon

December 9, 2012 at 11:12 pm

Steve, Popherald is the worst site for any news as they are always getting stories wrong and never do any research on anything. But you are wrong in your statement that the S3 has not been updated across US carriers.

Every big US carrier has updated their S3 to Jelly Bean save for Verizon, which has multiple leaked builds floating out there so we know a launch is imminent. Also all the international versions of the S3 have also been updated to JB, even in Canada! They have Jelly Bean on the S3 and Note 2. They also have Jelly Bean 4.1.2, near final builds, for the Note 1 and S2! Motorola just released their Jelly Bean updates on Razr M/HD models! Asus updated their Padphone 2 to JB! Even Huawei & ZTE (Chinese theft phones, lol) have Jelly Bean models! And don’t get me wrong HTC does too, it’s just their newly released phone which got it (HOX +). Oh and a few models of the international One X.

So considering the HTC HOX line (and EVO LTE) came out months before almost all of the phones mentioned this is a complete let down. And if you also read my post above the bugs are so rampant they render the EVO LTE useless to some degree. So no you shouldn’t feel better about the situation, you should only feel worse, much much worse, lol! Putz! Google is your friend and try to avoid popherald, lol! Make sure to call it Poop Herald as it’s more fitting!

December 10, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Cool! Thanks for the tip, I was starting to get impatient (heheheh) so I went trolling.

December 10, 2012 at 9:34 am

i was reading somewhere today where it was leaked by football that there is a list from htc that names all devices that will be updated to jb and the evo is on that list.. doesnt say a specific date

December 10, 2012 at 11:24 am

Well said fifth313!

December 12, 2012 at 10:19 am

im sick and tired of sprint and htc as well. ive always been that type of guy to say you should buy a phone for you and be happy with the software for the next two years but the evo lte had so many FREAKING BUGS that it NEEDED no BEGGED for an update. the software is crap and its sad im 6 months into the phone or i wouldnt have it. my mom had it for like 2 months shes not that techy so when i got after the return period i noticed the problems. the phone should have been updated by now it is just the one x but with a sprint logo. but do they care? their just like sprint giving you below average and expecting you to be happy with it. and to top my frustration off the screen went out a couple days so sprint sent me another like the next day. but sprint and htc should get their shit together. this is just sad. if i dont get jelly bean im getting the s4 so fuck the htc evo 4g lte+ because we know thats what their going to call it the same damn phone with a quad core pro and lte but shitty software and no updates