P.A.C. Man All In 1 ROM for HTC EVO 4G LTE released

PACMAN - for some reason we don't have an alt tag hereYesterday the Paranoid Android/Android Open Kang Project/CyanogenMOD ROM hybrid known as P.A.C. Man was released, with the aim of combining all of the best features from CMX, AOKP and PA into one ROM.

Making a hybrid out of all the major AOSP-based contenders out there leaves very little to ask for in a JellyBean-based AOSP ROM as, well, it’s theoretically all in there.

Something to note early on is that the initial version for the HTC EVO 4G LTE will not work with GAPPS 4.2, so if this is a deal breaker for you, consider that deal broken. Something is afoot with the ROM being able to accept those particular enhancements, but it will probably be developed through relatively quickly.

If you’re interested in trying this out, you’ll need an S-OFF HTC EVO 4G LTE, or you should be comfortable flashing the kernel via Flash Image GUI or Fastboot. You’ll also need to download a GAPPS package, which is included in the main post under the ROM download.

Be aware that this is a new release over here in EVO land, and as such it’s still very much in stage where we’re finding which bugs have been carried over from which ROM; however, that being said, the ROM looks beautiful.

If you flash it, report back and let us know how it works for you.

[xda-developers]
become a patron button - for some reason we don't have an alt tag here

Paul E King

8 thoughts on “P.A.C. Man All In 1 ROM for HTC EVO 4G LTE released

December 10, 2012 at 8:33 am

Paul, I have a question for you, I originally had an evo lte with hboot 1.15 with s-off and I flashed roms with TWRP unfortunately I had to get a new evo that now has hboot 1.19 and s-on. I have TWRP on this phone, and I have no idea how but I was able to flash a rom through that. I really wanna go back to cm10 but obviously when I try to flash through TWRP I just get the endless cm10 boot logo. Then I heard about GUI and tried flashing cm10 through that and everything was successful until I got Android process has stopped working over and over again.

Any suggestions on what I’m doing wrong or what I need to do to flash a new rom? The current one is driving me nuts, with no updates in sight.. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks guys, I sorry for the novel.

December 10, 2012 at 9:20 am

Which TWRP are you running?

I’d advise trying the fastboot method since that can write kernels… download the recovery image to your local drive, and make sure there’s adb installed.

December 10, 2012 at 12:39 pm

I’m running v2.3.1.0
        And I’ll look into the fastboot method. Thanks guys!

December 10, 2012 at 10:31 am

Tried it. Not a big fan… I really like the 4.2 camera and there is no wallet. I know I could install it but cm10 already has it and it runs better so I’m switching back.

December 10, 2012 at 11:17 am

Whowhen go to unlimited.io and use their DirtyRacun tool to get s-off on your 1.19 hboot.

December 10, 2012 at 12:43 pm

I was pretty stoked until I found out that it’s only compatible with Windows 7 32bit… I’m running 7 pro 64bit

December 10, 2012 at 3:58 pm

I heard a rumor from a reliable source…. PAC man for the lte is currently being updated for Paranoid Android 2.99. Also Google wallet WILL be included in the next release….. Oh, and I hear the ROM dev and Team (LOTK) are working on a cross platform JB AOSP ROM, that will bring the level of refinement seen in Deck’s ReLoaded to multiple devices… Nice write up BTW! Thanks Paul!!

December 10, 2012 at 10:36 pm

this is without a doubt, the best rom i have ever used. i love it, and plan on using it daily from now on. i’ve always wanted a cm’ish rom but have never really been able to use cm for some reason. i love this rom!!! only problem is it takes a little time to connect to wifi but other than that its not bad :D also setting are ridiculously extensive, so it takes a while to find what you want, but the customization possibilities are pretty much endless