At the beginning of December, T-Mobile’s parent company Deutsche Telekom announced that it would start selling Apple products in 2013. Naturally, neither company said exactly which iDevices would be offered, but it seems silly for a cell carrier not to carry one of the world’s most popular phones – meaning that some iPhone will likely be offered to T-Mobile customers come next year.
Since one of the reasons that T-Mobile took so long to carry the iPhone was having a GSM network that was different than AT&T’s, the former company is putting forth many resources to make its network compatible with Apple’s successful handset – including opening up new, iPhone-compatible HSPA+ networks in a variety of cities. Today, the company added 14 new cities to the existing list of cities with T-Mobile HSPA+ networks.
In my opinion, T-Mobile is the most interesting carrier in the US today. Not only did the company introduce a truly unlimited data plan earlier this year, but it’s also putting some quality handsets into its portfolio at an amazing rate – all while keeping its amazing plans.
The list of new cities is below. Are you a lucky resident of one of them?
[T-Mobile via 9to5Mac]
- New York, including The Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island
- Newark, N.J., including the surrounding cities of East Orange, Elizabeth, Jersey City, North Bergen, Paterson and Union City
- Boston and Cambridge, Mass., including the surrounding cities of Amherst, Andover, Arlington, Bedford, Belmont, Billerica, Braintree, Brockton, Brookline, Burlington, Canton, Chelmsford, Chelsea, Chicopee, Dedham, Everett, Framingham, Hadley, Holbrook, Holyoke, Lawrence, Lexington, Lowell, Ludlow, Lynn, Malden, Marblehead, Medford, Melrose, Metheun, Milton, Nahant, Natick, Needham, Newton, Quincy, Reading, Revere, Salem, Saugus, Sommerville, Stoneham, Swampscott, Tewksbury, Wakefield, Walpole, Waltham, Watertown, Weston, Westwood, Weymouth, Wilmington, Winchester, Winthrop and Woburn
- Springfield, Mass.
- Providence, R.I., including the surrounding cities of Cranston, North Providence, Pawtucket and Warren
- Detroit and Warren, Mich., including the surrounding cities of Dearborn, Romulus, Royal Oak, Sterling Heights and Troy
- Dallas, including the surrounding cities of Arlington, Carrolton, The Colony, Denton, Farmers Branch, Flower Mound, Frisco, Garland, Grand Prairie, Irving, Lancaster, Lewisville, McKinney, Mesquite, Plano, Richardson, Rowlett and Southlake
- Fort Worth, Texas, including the surrounding cities of Keller and Mansfield
- Austin, Texas including the surrounding city of Round Rock
- San Antonio
- Tampa, Fla., including the surrounding cities of Clearwater, Largo, Safety Harbor, St. Petersburg and Vinoy Park