AndroidGood and EVO

HTC posts results for last quarter, profits continue to decline

htc logo small - for some reason we don't have an alt tag hereHTC has posted its unaudited results for the final quarter in 2012, and they don’t look too good. While the company is still profitable, it only made about $34.5 million in profits on about $2.7 billion in sales. While that may not seem all that bad, it’s actually very bleak when compared to last year’s results at the same time, when HTC made $430 million in profits – and that itself was a 22% decline from the previous year.

Of course, the pressure has been on HTC from all sides – both Apple and Samsung have made lots of headway over the Taiwanese manufacturer in the past year, while HTC has continued to struggle in the face of patent disputes and customs delays.

Of course, we already know a little of what we can expect to see from HTC in 2013, but I still maintain that the company is going to have to do something radically different this year. It can’t afford to keep bleeding money, and pretty soon, those profits are going to turn into losses. Something has to give.

[HTC]

John F

8 thoughts on “HTC posts results for last quarter, profits continue to decline

I think all of us know the problem here. Great hardware though. But it’s nexus for me after my contract is up. If HTC makes a nexus it’d be great, but I think I’ll part from the evo line.

• same here, i am jumping ship and hopefully google will take note of the nexus 4 sales and make a new nexus with an sd slot for general public.

You know Samson…I think you’re right. I’ve been on sprint ever since I can remember. My only smartphone has been the EVO. I’m hanging by a thread with Sprint and HTC. My contract isn’t up until 2014 as I have the evo 4glte. If I don’t get LTE and 3g overall improvements I will surely leave sprint for the next nexus.

• haha, That’s the exact situation I’m in. I had a RAZR on att, no complaints. Then I went to sprint and picked up the EVO 4G as my first smart phone, loved it. I was giving it my recommendation to my friends. A lot of my friends got it too. But besides my brother nobody else got the 4G LTE. I’m planning on grabbing the nexus release of 2014 and going to most like T mobile or verizon.

The evo had a great thing going on, but sprint doesn’t think of it as their #1 device anymore. Shame, great hardware, lousy software support. Most likely going to root to cm10 when the latest s off exploit is released too. Sad that EVO isn’t what it used to be. :(

• I love the hardware. I love that my phone has a kick stand and a memory slot and I love almost everything about this phone.

I think the whole 3D phone was a distraction that took a lot of serious consideration away from the EVO line.

However, I think the biggest issue is the lack of public roadmap about Android updates. I don’t mind that they come later than other similar phones. I mind hugely that I am not given a time frame.

I’m likely to stick by HTC for at least one more phone assuming my beloved features remain!

• They do make better phones to me also. I only want a HTC but the updates are rediculous.

Bye Sprint! As soon as my etf drops to a comfortable amount I’m gone. Poor service and “flagship” phone support from Sprint and HTC. A nexus device on tmobile will be my next phone. HTC does make good quality hardware but the software is wack to me.Plus all their phones look the same…if you’ve had one you’ve pretty much had them all…with a few more upgrades.

I am done with HTC, this phone (EVO LTE) has been the worst EVO ever. Great phone but even after the update still has too many bugs. Trying to figure a way out of my contract or I will just man up and pay $500 for a new phone. (S3,Note 2 or Nexus) BYE HTC