Good and EVO

Sprint announces 28 more 4G LTE cities

Sprint LTE 01 2013 - for some reason we don't have an alt tag here

In a press release this afternoon, Sprint announced that it would be adding 28 more cities to its growing list of places where LTE coverage is available. According to Sprint, work has already begun in these areas, and should be completed in the following months:

• Albany, GA
  • Pittsfield, MA
  • Saginaw, MI
  • Spartanburg, SC
  • The Villages, FL
  • Waycross, GA
  • Winona, MN

We’ve also been getting comments and emails from G&E readers in other areas that are reporting pockets of LTE popping up in places that, as of now, haven’t been announced yet.  If you notice LTE where you are, be sure to tell us about it! Comment here, or post some speed tests in our EVO forums.

Of course, Sprint has seemed to totally forget my local coverage area, as I have yet to see my town make an appearance on any official lists. And from the looks of it, lots of G&E readers are in the same boat as me. In any case, hopefully Sprint can get crackin’ and meet its goal to be mostly complete with the rollout by the end of this year.

[Sprint]

John F

70 thoughts on “Sprint announces 28 more 4G LTE cities

Still nothing in San Diego?! Its only the home of Qualcomm! Cant believe they haven’t lit up SoCal (not even L.A.) yet.

There is LTE in Los Angeles

there is lte in ny its just really small areas.. i know there is some in the bronx and i live fairly close to it but not enough that i get a signal..

It is inexcusable for Sprint not to have LTE New York City. Also at the speed they’re going, no way they will be finished at the end 2013. They are full of ISH!

have noticed in the last month that 4G keeps popping up on my EVO in several areas of Charlotte, NC

Glasgow, KY? I guess Sprint wants to get a bunch of two-tower cities taken care of so they can advertise how they’re adding “dozens” of cities every year.

• Still no Louisville Kentucky the Derby is in May. We should come before Glasgow.

Been seeing a lot of random spots in Northern VA (Alexandria and Fairfax)

• Why does it say hot springs arkansas when on the map it doesn’t but it shows little rock yet on the list it doesn’t… Personally I don’t care if I ever get it cuz it would mean I have to charge my phone every couple hours

At this point I would be happy with a decent 3g speed here in southern California. Most places Pandora skips. Unlimited data seems a little pointless when I can’t even pull 1gb if I tried.

Exactly. I’m getting more fed up with Sprint with each passing day. Stupid 4G announcement in unheard of places, and even then it’s only an announcement. Meanwhile, their 3G gets suckier by the week it seems.

Still nothing in Cleveland/Akron Ohio area….

• Got 4G LTE pockets in downtown and nothern parts of Los Angeles but havent been able to get anything in the southern parts of L.A. Also noticed a slight improvement (slight) in 3G.

Saginaw Michigan? Why not Kalamazoo…….

Been picking up strong signal in areas surrounding Minneapolis, MN. Towns like Golden Valley, Maple Plain, Jordan and Eden Prairie.

I can’t believe they chose Bremerton/Silverdale, WA as the first WA city for LTE. THERE IS NOTHING THERE SPRINT! WTF?

Which is probably they chose it. Those 50 people will be really happy.

Well, at least all the Navy servicemen will have access in Bremerton and Silverdale… but everyone else is hosed…

yeah! No Hawaii yet!

Paris, TX? Are you kidding me… The town of 25K people, I would think towns over 100K would get this before little cow towns in the Panhandle. This is ridiculous!

• Sorry bro, but Paris is not in the panhandle. It’s in Northeast Texas close to little rock.
      Be patient, the LTE rollout in Dallas was terrible at first, but now it’s on almost everywhere I drive.

• Sprint should give an valid explanation on why they are targeting small cities..

• Sprint is doing all the small areas with no or little 4G(wimax) first and then all the other ones.Vegas is not on any list but is said to be near the last because it has Wimax.That’s just great except it does not help me with the EVO LTE! Late 2013 if then…

• This is the nail in the coffin for me. They keep ignoring larger markets while building up small towns. Switching to a real network asap.

• It’s funny after reading this article i turned off WiFi and for the first time i started getting Lte here in Tampa! I’m averaging about 9 mb down

It doesn’t matter really, but this is where I am supposed to mention ‘where the heck is Minneapolis?’.

• saw it today near Weber Park

seriously all podunk towns & none of the big cities (in MI at anyway). wtf.

And Philadelphia gets left out in the cold again…

It is so painful that we have gotten nothing in terms of a solid update. When I bought my Evo LTE I was told August/September for a roll out in Philadelphia. Didn’t come so I called customer service. She said nothing official but it looks like late October, early November. Now I knew that wasn’t happening so I called again and they said December or January. Well the clock is ticking.

My daughter has been getting 4G in random places around Virginia Beach. She is unrooted and stock. I am rooted and running MeanBean and I have not seen 4G yet from any location. I’m not sure if the rom is keeping me from getting 4G or not, but I know it is coming here based on her phone.

Yeah, I’m running rooted, S-OFF, and MeanBean and I get LTE in Portsmouth, VA, and certain parts of VA Beach, mostly near Town Center and Oceana.

• By the time Sprint gets done rolling out 4G, Verizon will be half way done with their 5G network!!!! Very frustrating, at least they still have the best network plan.

• Sprint put Joplin Missouri on the same list in October still not one spot of coverage they’re just blowing smoke

Ugh. Not even Philadelphia?

Come on, Sprint. I fear my market won’t see Sprint LTE until next year.

• Still no Lincoln Nebraska.

• Please stop posting if you DON’T have LTE yet. No one cares, as most of us are in the same boat. How about you post IF YOU ARE experiencing LTE, as the article says? Kthanks.

Nobody lives in most of these little out of the way towns. That is why people are complaining.

OK, now they’re just taunting those of us in Columbus Ohio.

A tower in Virginia Beach added LTE in the last few days. Not sure about other towers in the city.

I am in Hampton, But i did See it when i was on Reserves At Ocean Front.

• So northern Alabama gets LTE but Birminggam is still out in the cold???

• It’s not exactly in my area but at least parts of SC are finally getting LTE. Hopefully they can get parts of Greenville, Columbia, and Charleston soon too. We never got any of the Wimax love so this could make up for it.

• Picked up some LTE the other day in Jordan, MN. Nothing in Minneapolis yet though.

It was blazin fast

• Well my city isn’t on the list ( town of abt 9,000) BUT finally glad at least for the first time there’s a SPRINT 4G city on the list for South Carolina ( not one city in our state had Wimax)

Seriously agree though all those cities are about 45 minutes to 3 hours away from where I lovelyit is nice to see south Carolina on a list. Honestly if just be happy if Augusta Georgia got it as then I’d have a city 15 minutes from where I lived and maybe then they’ll finish fixing the tower they told me was down 4 months ago when my reception went to crap and still told me was down 2 Weeks ago

It is rather odd that the major metropolitan centers don’t get LTE, I wonder what the reasoning is

• Sprint doesn’t want to touch Ohio with a ten foot pole. AT&T and Verizon both have LTE in Cincinnati, you would think Sprint would want to at least say they are working on LTE for the Cincinnati area to stay competitive. I guess they just don’t care…. and honestly, it really shows in their crappy network.

Nothing for Hampton Or Newport News, Virginia yet?

• I just hit a pocket of lte for couple minutes in gainesville, florida.

There are pockets of LTE in Virgnina Beach (Independence area and Oceanfront) and i also picked it up in downtown Norfolk near MacArthur Center,

It is available in L.A. in some parts. I actually got a download speed of 26mbps…..and screensaved the proof for those who would like to see.

I swear I saw the 4G indicator for about 10 seconds before my wifi picked up in South Nashville… didn’t see it after I turned it off though

• LTE is alive and smoking in Bryan/College Station, Texas. 7.3 down and 2.0 up.

• Still hoping for a Denver, CO announcement before my contract’s up in July. At least we have WiMax though, so I’m content for now.

my 4 cities that i frequent have been getting LTE upgrades seems like weekly. I am glad to see that it was not a convert a tower call it good. I see more coverage all the time. Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Santa Rosa, Sebastopol, CA

• Still no Milwaukee, WI….unbelievable!

Most people have a better shot at seeing Bigfoot than sprints lte…

No Milwaukee again. This is rediculous. The largest city in the whole state but nothing yet. While farmer John living in the sticks gets 4g. That makes no sense

There is 4gLTE in some parts of new orleans, i have never seen it mentioned on here yet

Picked up 3 bars of 4g for about 3 minutes in the fox hill area of Hampton,va . So somethings happening here.

Several questions on why small cities. Several small cities have colleges in the . I learned this when I asked ” Why Milledgeville, GA?”

• I get 4g lte in fort pierce florida. Town of 40k