AndroidAppsTutorials

How to download YouTube videos on Android from Chrome on your PC

The developer of AutoRemote, joaomgcd, has posted a video tutorial for a Tasker-based setup that I think deserves some attention. The video shows how Tasker, AutoRemote, AutoShare, and TubeMate can be used together to create a system where you can right click videos in Chrome on your PC and then have the option to download them open on your phone.

This is very useful if you, like me, watch YouTube videos on your computer, but want to keep some of them stored locally on your mobile device. This still requires you to actually click a couple of buttons on your device, but it saves you a ton of work by opening the video for you in TubeMate, ready to download.

Joaomgcd’s video above shows how it’s done, and you need the following to make it work:

While this specific video uses the Chrome plug-in to send the message, you can use AutoRemote’s other supported message platforms as well. This includes everything from iOS devices, to Google Talk, to simple bookmarklets.

This is a brilliant example of how multiple apps and plug-ins can be made to work together using Tasker, and it might just give you some ideas for what else these apps can be used for, especially the Tasker/AutoRemote/AutoShare combination. AutoShare adds a ton of functionality to the Tasker eco system by allowing you to utilize Android’s built-in Share feature in new ways, and this is just one potential creation.

tasker banner - for some reason we don't have an alt tag here

Andreas Ødegård

Andreas Ødegård is more interested in aftermarket (and user created) software and hardware than chasing the latest gadgets. His day job as a teacher keeps him interested in education tech and takes up most of his time.

9 thoughts on “How to download YouTube videos on Android from Chrome on your PC

• Hi, thanks – cool tutorial, but isn’t it easier to you something like *link removed* to download the youtube video directly within the smartphone browser?

No, as the point here is that you do it remotely from another service

• On YouTube Mobile you can also select to pre-cache your “watch later” or subscriptions. That way you can just click watch later on any video and it gets downloaded straight to your Android for later viewing.

Good integration for other options though ;)

i was looking for a way (there is one,out of my knowledge i read) to make the whole thing automatic,so it would be really cool to get some taps or touch events to make the whole thing automatic :D

• hello there and thank you for your information
    – I have certainly picked up something new from right here.
    I did however expertise a few technical issues using this website, since I experienced to reload the web site a lot
    of times previous to I could get it to load correctly.

I had been wondering if your hosting is OK? Not that I
    am complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will often affect your placement in google and could damage your
    high-quality score if ads and marketing with
    Adwords. Anyway I’m adding this RSS to my email and could look out for much more of your respective interesting content. Ensure that you update this again soon.

• Ordinary insurance companies rarely have insurance
    packages covering such crimes since many of them offer policies only based on physical assets.
    This is a common pair of sensors to measure the weight distribution and changing the balance of
    the resolution put to the screen. Would you like to learn the
    specific Internet advertising strategies that get benefits.

• Dang….outstanding web-site and information right here.
    The actual posts on this web site are extremely informative!
    !!! :-) Any specific Rss on this website? I’ve truly been exploring for repeatedly new information with regards to ecis.com.

• A nice guide to download YouTube videos on Android, I tried it on my android device and its working mine :) But you can also try MediaClip which is also a great application to download videos.