AndroidGood and EVOTips & Deals

HTC EVO 4G LTE is now free at Sprint for new customers

EVO 4G LTE free - for some reason we don't have an alt tag here

I’m not quite sure how long this has been going on, but the HTC EVO 4G LTE is now free at Sprint for new customers, after a “bring your own number” savings of $99.99 and a mail-in rebate of $50.

The current emphasis at Sprint is obviously on the newly-released HTC One, which is also available to new customers for $99.99 after the “bring your own number” savings. Still, the EVO is quite respectable in the specs department, and can still hold its own against the competition a full year after its release. (It’s the phone I’m still using personally, and I don’t intend to upgrade until after I see what’s announced at Google I/O in May, or even until after I see what new Nexus devices might be released around the holidays.)

The only catch to this current deal is the $50 mail-in rebate, although some people have had luck with individual Sprint stores treating that as an “instant savings,” as well. As always, your mileage may vary.

If you don’t care about having the latest and greatest, and you just want a good deal on a solid piece of hardware, then this is certainly not a deal to sneeze at.

[Sprint]

John F

11 thoughts on “HTC EVO 4G LTE is now free at Sprint for new customers

Best Buy had a deal for new an upgrades where you could get it for free.

I used my upgrade to get it free for my girlfriend and I got the HTC One with a line port when I brought my mom onto our contract. She got my old Evo 3D

I love my Evo 4G LTE. I was tempted by sg3 and the one but glad I’m still rockin one of the dopest phones out there. People still are amazed at what my phone can do!

I just wish there was better dev support for the LTE. I’m hoping to see better support for the One as it is the same across all carriers. However I am also waiting to see what this year brings in the way of devices, two lines ready for upgrades and I want to make the most of them.

• I love my rooted EVO LTE. I cant imagine getting a better phone for free. If you get this deal, root it and it will be that much better. I really want to switch to the One but I’m gonna hold onto the LTE at least until the end of the year. I really wish MikeyXDA would come back and support his rom for it.

• Is it just me or you can’t use data while on a call with the HTC ONE? I was able to do it on my EVO LTE. I use to be on the browser or navigate while on a phone call and now I can’t. It’s annoying but I guess not a deal breaker. Just really inconvenient.

• The EVO lte and the galaxy s 3 has support for svdo and svlte for some reason from the note 2 onwards svdo which is simultaneous 3g and voice is not supported on the newer phones. I don’t know why they did this knowing that there lte still has a long way to go but they did. It still supports simultaneous lte and voice though

• My wife had the option between this and the purple S3 for the same price (both had the $50 rebate), she took the Galaxy As much as I love the One, Samsung does have a better track record recently of supporting older devices, and I know we’re all starting to think the EVO line is dead.

Why on earth would we think that? Evo lte got updated to JB months before the gs3… I don’t know why everyone is so down on HTC about updates…

I think it’s because the Evo 3D, the bastard child, took months to get an official update ICS update… and then Samsung hired a bunch of people to talk up Galaxy and down on HTC and it just rubbed off. All phones have issues but you can re-write history if you keep talking loud enough. Happens all the time.