According to a leaked internal memo obtained by Phone Arena, Sprint is getting ready to launch 21 new LTE markets at any moment. The new LTE service areas are:
- California: Los Angeles, Contra Costa County
- Florida: Palm Bay, Port St. Lucie, West Palm Beach
- Indiana: Bloomington and Lafayette
- Illinois: Rochelle
- Minnesota: Mankato-North Mankato
- Missouri: Joplin
- North Carolina: Charlotte, Shelby, Albemarle, Sailsbury, Lincolnton
- Tennessee: Memphis, Greenville, Tullahoma
- Texas: Denison, Kerrville
- Virginia: Norfolk-Virginia Beach-Newport News
The memo states that these markets will be officially announced today, April 12, although Sprint hasn’t made any official announcements about them yet. Usually, Sprint announces new LTE markets first thing in the morning, so it’s doubtful at this point that we’ll hear anything until at least early next week.
Still, it’s about time we get some new LTE markets. Sprint’s initial momentum seems to have slowed a bit – and with Sprint’s previous track record, it can’t really afford to allow anyone to start doubting it again.[Phone Arena] Thanks, Bill!