For those of you on the fence about Chrome OS and Chromebooks, now has never been a better time to try it out. For a very limited time, Amazon is selling a handful of the new Samsung Chromebooks for only $186.50 – a full $62.50 off the normal asking price of $249. This is part of Amazon’s “Warehouse Deals,” but there are some caveats to keep in mind:
- Most likely, these are all refurbished. That doesn’t necessarily have to be a bad thing, and many people have had wonderful experiences purchasing refurbished items from Amazon’s Warehouse.
- The items may or may not have their original packaging.
- They are eligible for Amazon’s standard 30-day return policy.
- Aftermarket warranties are available at the time of purchase through SquareTrade, if you’re interested.
- These are Amazon Prime eligible, which means free two-day shipping if you’re a member, or free standard shipping if you’re not a member.
Amazon is also listing the Samsung Chromebook in “like new” condition for a few more bucks ($189.59), which is probably worth it for the extra peace of mind.
This is even a better price than Acer’s $199 Chromebook, which has a clunky HDD, lower battery life, and longer boot time.
If you’re still on the fence, even after this great deal, check out my in-depth review to see if the Samsung Chromebook on ARM is right for you.[Amazon]