HTC extends the $100 HTC One offer (again) to May 19

For the second time since initially offering $100 toward the purchase of a new HTC One phone, HTC has decided to extend the offer until May 19. The first extension was announced on March 15, and was supposed to expire on April 26.

To recap, here’s how it works:

1. Back in February, you should have pre-registered for the $100 offer on HTC’s website. To my knowledge, if you haven’t completed this step yet, it’s too late.
  2. Once you buy your new HTC One phone, send in your old phone with proof of purchase of your new phone, and HTC will send you a Visa prepaid gift card worth $100 or the cost of your old phone – whichever is greater. (You’ll get at least $100, which might really work out in your favor, depending on what phone you’re getting rid of.) Details on sending your phone in should have arrived at the email address you used to register.
  3. That’s it!

This offer now applies to all HTC One purchases before May 19, and following that you’ll have one month to actually send your phone in (it’s got to be postmarked by June 19).

The first time the extension was granted, speculation was that it was due to the HTC One’s delayed launch. This time, however, is anyone’s guess. Maybe it’s not selling as well as HTC had hoped, and so the company is trying to squeeze out a few more sales from people still on the fence?

Your guess is as good as mine, but this offer is still here, in case you want it.

John F

5 thoughts on “HTC extends the $100 HTC One offer (again) to May 19

• May 1, 2013 at 2:49 pm

I checked on my HTC EVO 4G today using my promo code and confirmed my old phone will see a full $100 Visa card payout.

• May 1, 2013 at 3:41 pm

I see your EVO 4G for $100 and raise you an HTC DASH, non-3G model for $100. haha!

I’m freaking loving this promotion, $100 back on a device I can’t really even GIVE away anymore? I’m sold.

• May 1, 2013 at 6:38 pm

I spoke with a virgin mobile rep today and was told the phone was on back order due to the Nokia lawsuit regarding the mic issue…so htc is looking for an alternative replacement component.

• May 2, 2013 at 7:07 am

Looks as if HTC is losing its ground, i stay up on this Website just to see how HTC is doing and i have Crossed over to the Galaxy S3 But not sure if ill go the S4 route, just incase HTC has something up their Sleeve. Ive heard the New One is having issues already, and i am concerned the EVO line is dead since there is not a New line in rumor.

• May 2, 2013 at 8:01 am

I got my HTC ONE for free from sprint + $100 from HTC for my OG EVO!!!

Sprint is giving an extra $100 if your port a line, so i ported my google voice number to sprint. Sprint will also give you another $100 if sign up for a home line.

$200(price of phone)
    – $100(porting number)
    – $100 (for land line)
    =$0
    + $100 (from HTC)
    = +$100
    I got paid to get the ONE. Granted i was adding a line to my family plan for a work phone so this may not be for everybody. Once the device was activated I did a “flip flop” of devices so the ONE is my primary phone with my old number and the EVO 3D is now my work line.

Another bonus to this is i still have my primary line due for an upgrade. I’m hoping that the Google/Motorola X phone comes out this year.