Blue HTC One coming to Sprint September 10

Blue HTC One

According to a new leak obtained by Phone Arena, the blue HTC One is real, and it’s coming to Sprint on September 10. Apparently it will be a Sprint exclusive, at least initially, which means that those on Verizon or other carriers won’t get it right away. This also means that Sprint will be offering the HTC One in silver, black, red and blue.

Green iPhone 13 Mini Unboxing

Sprint is currently asking only $99.99 for the device with a two-year contract, which is $100 less than the standard contract price of $199.99. And if the September 10 date sounds familiar to you, that’s because it’s the same day Apple is expected to introduce a new iPhone, iPad, and iPad mini.

It’s possible that this may be a coincidence, but with HTC in the position that it is, it seems to be a direct shot at Apple. In any case, will you be picking up the HTC One for yourself in blue?

Sprint HTC One blue leak

[Phone Arena via Android Community]
become a patron button - for some reason we don't have an alt tag here

John F

10 thoughts on “Blue HTC One coming to Sprint September 10

August 30, 2013 at 8:55 am

I really dont understand the point of multiple colors on phones, or for that matter the obsession over plastic vs metal. If you carry your phone around naked I can see the point, but most of us when we buy a new phone usually slap on a cover and a screen protector right away to protect it. By doing this you have now covered up the body of the phone making color choice and build material unseen. I know they have clear cases that allow you to see the color of the phone but in my experience they are usually cheap and don’t last long like the poetic atmosphere case that I had for my ONE. The rubber started peeling off a week later. The price drop of the ONE is more attractive than the color IMO.

August 30, 2013 at 9:18 am

When you can’t pull away from the crowd based on performance, features, or software, slapping a new paint job and body kit on the thing has to suffice.

Not to say it’s a bad phone, just saying it’s not an EVO vs a Treo these days.

August 30, 2013 at 9:26 am

It will reflect how you feel when you stop getting any updates in a month. Kind of wondering if the evo 4g lte will get anymore ota’s or not. Good thing I rooted I guess.

August 30, 2013 at 9:43 am

I’m betting the EVO 4G LTE gets one more big update and then 3 tiny ones rolled slowly out that correct one issue and break another…

August 30, 2013 at 10:21 am

I hope so, I would like an official sense 5 build to play with, the one port is good so far, but still getting worked on a bit.

August 30, 2013 at 9:32 pm

My guess is our beloved {last} Evo will get the 4.2 or even if we’re lucky 4.3 update, along with Sense 5 (most of it) sometime before the end of the year. After that, maybe a small security update here and there, but that’s it.

August 31, 2013 at 3:54 am

its really a great news that finally HTC is trying to do something good. they have lost the battle against samsung but One has shown some hope. hope this blue version of HTC One will be loved my others. HTC is the best manufacturer

September 2, 2013 at 9:24 pm

I do wish the blue was a more TARDIS blue. It would have made me regret the red that I have right now… But since I love the color, I think I’ll stick with it. and I’ve only had the phone for a few weeks. I really need to stop wanting to change phones, even if it is only a different color.

September 3, 2013 at 5:42 am

Yeah, the previously posted ‘spy’ photos, had a much darker looking blue. Hopefully the actual product will be darker than, what I assume are, computer renders. I really don’t like the light, sky blue color. Though, I guess I don’t care, since I’ll probably move away from HTC, when I change my phone next time.