Press shots surface of HTC One Max

HTC One Max 1 HTC One Max 2

We’ve known that the HTC One Max is on its way for a while now, but until now, we’ve had to rely on leaked images of the device. Now we finally have what appears to be some official press shots of the much-anticipated device, although they’re not coming from HTC. Instead, these images are courtesy of Chinese Tenaa, which is basically the Chinese equivalent of the FCC – so they’re as official as we can get at the moment.

These images do seem to reveal the rumored fingerprint scanner, although the Tenaa filing shows two different models of the device for different carriers. Both models will support dual SIMs, a feature that is unlikely to make its way to the US.

The filing also seems to indicate that at least the Chinese versions will have removable back plates, even if the battery itself is non-removable. Other specs include a 5.9-inch 1080p display, quad-core 1.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage, a microSD card slot, a 3300 mAh battery, a 2.1MP front-facing camera, and a 4MP UltraPixel camera on the back.

Rumors indicate that this device will be released on Sprint, along with other US carriers, as well.

HTC One Max 3 HTC One Max 4

[My Drivers via Android Community]
become a patron button - for some reason we don't have an alt tag here

John F

14 thoughts on “Press shots surface of HTC One Max

September 26, 2013 at 5:35 pm

All I care about is expandable memory.

September 26, 2013 at 7:50 pm

If it’s on Sprint, they should strongly consider making it in red. I wouldn’t want to give up my red One for a boring silver. Even if it is bigger.

September 26, 2013 at 8:17 pm

do you mean Chinese equivalent of the FCC?

September 26, 2013 at 9:55 pm

Snapdragon 600?! Seriously?
    So you give me the SD slot but can’t come up with the Snapdragon 800?
    This new device is going to have to get me the next 2 to 3 years, I am not going to start it off already behind.
    Too bad really, it was down to HTC ONE MAX, or SNote3 in the Android family.
    Now I just need to hear from Nokia and the 1520 WP8 TabPhone to seal it for me. I already read that it has the Snapdragon 800, but does it have the SD slot?
    Don’t know how I have managed to not pre-order the SNote3 yet. I am soo ready!

September 27, 2013 at 4:58 am

Yeah, the Note 3 is looking better and better. I was willing to overlook the lack of a stylus, less RAM, no removable battery, etc, if the processor was on par…

At this point this thing will have to blow me to sway me from the Note 3. Boomsound and FP reader will only get you so far… even speaking as a once huge HTC fan…

September 27, 2013 at 5:51 am

Remember, this is the Chinese version we’re looking at. The US version could still change, as I’ve only seen leaked specs for it – nothing official.

September 27, 2013 at 8:28 am

Not really holding out much hope. Remember they got the SD slot in the One, and we didn’t.Why would they step up the processor?

September 27, 2013 at 12:27 pm

If there is no microSD slot for the US version, then they better have more internal memory than 16gb. I mean it’s called the “Max”…so MAX it out! At least 32gb if not 64gb!

September 27, 2013 at 7:11 pm

No one freak out. Until official word comes out. I highly doubt that they will release this with the 600 and not the 800. And what’s the black square on the back? No one has noticed that?

September 27, 2013 at 11:27 pm

Isn’t that the finger print scanner?
      A little larger, it could be a touch pad.

September 28, 2013 at 9:25 am

At this point i have lost all faith in HTC.
    I have owned every EVO & not the Black HTC One. I just don’t understand how HTC continues to drop the ball. Why continue to not give your loyal consumers what they been asking for years. Marketing is crap. Phone is rumored to come out in a few week and it has yet to be revealed. I think HTC is done.

September 29, 2013 at 10:40 pm

If your still on Sprint waiting on there extremely slow lte rollout I will tell you one thing. The Galaxy Note 3 is a beast but Samsung messed up on the Sprint variant. It will be limited to Sprints 1900mhz band on LTE just like every phone out on Sprint right now. The G2 will have triband, they are getting the Galaxy Mega which is confirmed to be triband also and the rumored nexus 5 is believed to support Sprint triband. The HTC ONE MAX is up in the air with support but you will have to be a fool to get the note 3 on Sprint when every phone next year on Sprint will be triband.

October 7, 2013 at 6:49 am

Sorry HTC but i must leave you. It’s like going through a divorce, All my androids have been HTC. But times have change and I don’t think HTC has been changing or updating fast enough, so Samsung please don’t disappoint me.