Here are screenshots of HTC Sense 5.5 on the HTC One

Sense 5.5 1

The HTC One just got updated to Android 4.3 and an updated version of Sense, but the folks at HTC are already hard at work on the next version of Sense, which looks to be numbered 5.5. Apparently many new features that will be unveiled in Sense 5.5 are actually present in the latest Sense build that’s rolling out now, but they’ve been disabled in the framework.

New features include:

• The ability to disable or re-enable BlinkFeed
  • The ability to rearrange the order of icons in the Quick Settings drop down
  • An improved HTC keyboard with more emoticons
  • An improved camera with “dual capture” and “Panorama+”
  • New BlinkFeed categories
  • Many optimizations under the hood

Sense 5.5 5 Sense 5.5 4 Sense 5.5 3 Sense 5.5 2

Sense is one of those things you either love or hate, but this is definitely looking like an intriguing update. How many of you are excited for the next version of Sense, even if it means waiting for what seems like an eternity?

[Android Revolution HDThanks, Bill!

become a patron button - for some reason we don't have an alt tag here

John F

10 thoughts on “Here are screenshots of HTC Sense 5.5 on the HTC One

October 8, 2013 at 7:36 pm

here is praying it comes to the evo lte

October 8, 2013 at 8:57 pm

Hell, here is praying it makes it over to Sprint. We get screwed over so much it makes me sad. :(

October 9, 2013 at 2:33 am

I JUST got usable 4G in the area I work in . It’s been about a 3 year wait…

October 9, 2013 at 6:45 am

Seriously? Sprint has been getting updated first by HTC… Plus evo lte will probably be one of the oldest phones to get 4.3 by the end of this year.

October 8, 2013 at 11:57 pm

Just be happy you get 5.0 later this year.

October 9, 2013 at 9:52 am

I just got 4.3 and I have sense 5.0 on my HTC One love it! Best phone I ever had and I am seeing 4G finally in Kentucky. I just moved and signal is great where I live. Old place I needed a Air Rave and still would need it if I lived there still. Sending it back cause 4G works great in my new home. There’s still spots where I only get 3G but it’s all good I know it’s coming for sure now.

October 9, 2013 at 1:32 pm

It looks like HTC is at least listening to customer complaints. A lot of stuff people had gripes with are getting fixed in Sense 5.5.

One thing I wish the multitasking UI did, is just exit back to the home screen if I tap in the blank area (if you have less than 9 apps in the background). I’m so used to doing that on stock Android that it’s really jarring when that paradigm doesn’t work with Sense 5 and I’m forced to hit the home or back button (yeah, nitpicky, I know.)

October 10, 2013 at 1:04 pm

Screwed by sprint? Umm pretty sure sprint is and was the first carrier to push the 4.3 update. So really? And sense is awesome. Makes everything easy to use and is very organized. Stock sucks ass. It’s boring as hell. And I actually love blink feed elimanates Google searching news a lot of the times. I still come here bc it’s a great news site. But there is so much things I learn and read all bc it’s on BlinkFeed. Keeps me updated w what’s going on in the world esp shit I have interest in

October 11, 2013 at 2:58 pm

I agree with you that Sense 5 is really nice (Sense 5.5 looks to be a nice improvement, as well). I started using Sense back in the 1.0 days on the Sprint HTC Hero and then went to Sense 3.0 and Sense 3.6 on my EVO 3D (it’s definitely been nice the entire time, but it’s simplified, and trimmed substantially in Sense 5.0, which is a nice streamlining of the UX).

I don’t agree that stock sucks, though. I see stock as a blank canvas that you customize the way you want in any way, shape, or form. Stock Android has come a long way since the Android 2.x days (wasn’t bad back then either, but it improved a lot with the release of Android 4.0). It’s intuitive and fast and even if you don’t tinker with it much, it’s great. I know this boils down to opinion (for both you and me), but that’s just how I feel about it.