HTC One max officially announced for Sprint and Verizon

HTC One max

Earlier today, HTC unveiled the HTC One max, which comes with a huge 5.9-inch 1080p HD screen, a fingerprint scanner, a 3300 mAh battery, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor clocked at 1.7GHz, 2GB RAM, and more. The device will also ship with HTC Sense 5.5, which HTC president Peter Chou claims will be “our most amazing mobile experience yet.” While a release date was not yet specified, HTC promises that the device will be available this holiday season on Sprint and Verizon.

Many people seem to be fascinated by the fingerprint scan feature, which allows users to unlock the screen and quickly launch applications – you’ll actually be able to map a different application for three different fingers. This makes it much more useful than I originally thought, at least.

Are any of you planning on picking this up for yourself or someone you love this holiday season? If so, let us know below!

become a patron button - for some reason we don't have an alt tag here

John F

14 thoughts on “HTC One max officially announced for Sprint and Verizon

October 14, 2013 at 2:18 pm

No snapdragon800 and no 8ultrapixel camera thing killed it for me.

October 14, 2013 at 4:11 pm

It’s a shame HTC doesn’t have a higher megapixel Ultrapixel camera at this point, but I’m guessing they’re saving it for next year’s flagship (HTC Two?). The 4 megapixel unit is quite good, really. The only MINOR issue is viewing pictures on really high resolution screens as you can’t really zoom in without seeing pixelation. But honestly, how many pictures do you take to just zoom into on a high resolution monitor or tablet?

The one thing that HTC did fumble with the camera, IMO, is the removal of the OIS. I have no idea why they removed it, but it seems like a pure cost-cutting maneuver.

October 14, 2013 at 2:22 pm

A device where you’re capable of distributing malware to and getting a user’s biometric information? Sign me up!

October 14, 2013 at 4:07 pm

It’s a shame HTC couldn’t get the newer chip in there, but I think they didn’t want to be burned the supply chain issues again. 3GB of RAM would have been nice, but honestly Sense 5.x is a lot lighter than Samsung’s TouchWiz, so 2GB is probably plenty.

I know the Android enthusiasts are specification hounds and I’m not trying to be an HTC apologist here, but the Snapdragon 600 is no slouch. Most casual users wouldn’t even notice a different between it and the Snapdragon 800 in normal day to day use and gaming.

October 14, 2013 at 4:08 pm

Oops. I meant “burned by” above.

Wish I could edit my posts. Ah well.

October 14, 2013 at 4:08 pm

by htc….samsung note 3 here i come

October 14, 2013 at 7:34 pm

How much memory is on board? Micro SD? (T_T)

October 14, 2013 at 9:58 pm

16G with “expandable memory” (SD Slot?)

October 14, 2013 at 11:17 pm

Is There really expandable memory?

October 15, 2013 at 6:02 am

Yeah, the max has a removeable back face for accessing a microSD slot.

However, the battery is hardwired in, so it seems rather pointless to have the entire back face be removeable just to access a microsd card. Just my two cents though :)

October 16, 2013 at 8:08 am

Battery is no issue for me. My HTC Evo still gives me 12-13 hours a day when I’m on WiFi, which is most of the time, and I’m a power user always streaming 1080p HD, screen never shuts off, brightness at max and airplane mode rarely on. So when I get the HTC one max with my soon to be new Sandisk 64GB class 10 micro SD card, I will have nothing to worry about as I will have the best phone/tablet on the market of 2013.

October 16, 2013 at 8:09 am

Also forgot to mention no signal bars ever where I live.

October 15, 2013 at 1:26 pm

So glad I didn’t wait for this phablet and instead purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Snapdragon 800, more RAM, a better camera, solid build quality, microSD expandability – there really is no comparison.

October 15, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Oh – the back is removable and it has a microSD slot. Still… there’s a lot of stuff missing here. Too bad HTC missed the mark for me and I’m sure a lot of other people.