HTC One X owners on AT&T, rejoice! Ma Bell has just issued its seal of approval for the much-anticipated Android 4.2.2 update for the device, which will also bring with it an improved version of HTC Sense, version 5. The update is currently scheduled for January 29.
HTC AT&T One X customers – We have received Technical Approval for the MR with Sense 5 + OS 4.2.2. The OTA is targeted for 1/29. Thanks!
— Mo (@moversi) January 28, 2014
At this point, there is no official changelog, but it will probably look very similar to the same update that international versions of the One X enjoyed back in July of last year:
– Launcher bar enhancement
– Widget panel rearrangement
– New Lock screen style widget
– Enhanced Home button behavior
– Home button options added to make navigation menu bar removable
– Show battery level in status bar
– Quick settings panel: 12 default settings by new touch gesture
– AE/AF lock feature: Lock Exposure/Focus on viewfinder screen
Hopefully this means that the EVO 4G LTE is slated to get this update soon, too. That way, users won’t have to root to enjoy it.[Twitter via Android Police]