AndroidAppleMicrosoft

Poll: Which phone should we drown and try to save with the Reviveaphone kit?

reviveaphone

Dropping your phone in water sucks.

There are a number of remedies to fix a waterlogged phone, but unfortunately, the strategies are very hit-or-miss. A bag of rice only works if the water didn’t leave residue or mineral deposits on the electronics, whereas cleaning deposits from components can bend parts or expose them to electrostatic discharge.

Reviveaphone, a company based out of the United Kingdom, is trying a different approach to fixing your drowned phone – by drowning it again. The solution that is offered in the company’s $25 kit promises to clean the inside of your phone from residue and material deposits left by water or other liquids that could damage it. After you have – ahem – washed, rinsed, and repeated, the device just needs to dry for a period of 24 hours. Reviveaphone says that their kit has a success rate of 90%.

The company has offered up a review kit to us so we can find out just how effective the double-drowning method is. But to make it even more interesting, we’re going to let you decide which of four phones in the picture above will be our victim. Vote in the poll below, and in a little over one week, come back to see which phone will be mercilessly killed, only to (hopefully) be brought back to life.

Calob Horton

Calob Horton is an associate editor at Pocketables. He loves all technology, no matter which company it comes from. This unbiased view of the tech world allows him to choose the products that best fit his personal needs and tastes: a Microsoft Surface Pro, a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, and a third-gen iPad.Google+ | Twitter | More posts by Calob | Subscribe to Calob's posts

12 thoughts on “Poll: Which phone should we drown and try to save with the Reviveaphone kit?

• Dude, I gotta say it’s got to be an iPhone… I know more of my iFriends who have lost one of those into a toilet than I can shake a stick at.

Seriously, one friend is on iDevice #11 (three broken screens, *4* drownings, 1 cab)

Anything but the nexus, I agree with Paul, at work I deal with more drowned iPhones than any other type of phone, maybe since apple hasn’t informed them that water is wet they don’t know XD

There’s an app to waterproof your phone on IPhone. d:

• I wish I’d have know about that when I was using my iPad as a scale, I’m pretty sure the water from my recent shower damaged it.

Gotta be an iPhone.
    I wouldn’t take the risk with a Nexus device or the precious 520.

I laughed. :)

Kill a droid. If the product fails to work, noone will mourn.

I chose the Lumia.. the other phones are quite common and so many more people are likely to have drowned their phones and tried reviving them.

• iPhone or even WP, because who really cares about those?

• I think i have seen this kit being presented on Dragons Den few weeks ago. Due to lack of patent options it was not sponsored at all. The creatore of this is young lad working in a shed (what he said) – and in my opinion he totally missed his presentation there.
    Product should be advertised to insurance companies as add on procuct to phone insurance packet. With low price of kit, and high % of water damages to claimed phones I could totally see this work – shipping one unit for each insurance bought for free to customer. I reckon they would try to save the phone before the claim to save data stored and dont go through claim hassle – which benefits insurer.

Drown nokia!

• Looks like iPhone is winning…the iSheep are scared because they know how fragile it is!

Drown the iphone, but don’t revive it.