AndroidGood and EVO

Hardware and software details revealed about the all new HTC One

New HTC One

I’ve generally been staying away from all of the HTC M8 leaks, since there have been so many and I value my sanity. However, it now seems we can start talking about some official specs of the “All New” HTC One, set to be unveiled later this month.

According to a leaked sales sheet, the all new HTC One will have a 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801, instead of the previously-rumored Snapdragon 800 chip. It will come with a 5-inch 1080 display, 16GB of internal storage (10GB accessible to users), a 5MP front-facing camera, and a “Duo Camera” on the back that will offer improved low light performance, refocusing after the image is shot, background softening, and 3D effects. This is better than competitors’ cameras, because the dual cameras allow the new HTC One to take two pictures simultaneously, better measuring depth perception. Last year’s Ultrapixel technology is also back, but there’s no word on megapixels yet. Basically, this seems like the same concept of the HTC EVO 3D, but with an actually decent camera.

Apparently the all new HTC One will also have a microSD card slot for expandable storage, a nanoSIM slot (at least for the GSM versions), and a 2,600 mAh battery. The aluminum body will measure 146.36 x 70.6 x 9.35mm and weigh 160 grams.

There aren’t many details about HTC Sense 6 yet, but apparently users will be able to wake the phone with a simple swipe gesture that can either take them to their favorite apps or to BlinkFeed. It will also include double-tap to wake functionality.

[Android and Me: 1, 2]

John F

13 thoughts on “Hardware and software details revealed about the all new HTC One

• I thought the new One would take the existing HTC Butterfly from last year and update the components and camera. That doesn’t seem to be the case, as the battery looks to be largely same as last year’s rather than taking the 3200mAh battery from the butterfly.

The battery drain is largely driven by signal strength, so when traveling to boonies or to non-upgraded 3G networks, battery will rarely last you a day.

• I own a EVO LTE, and my contract is almost up. I am not a fan of Sense 5+, but a decision maker for me is the SD slot. Are there other phones coming with SD slots? I live in a rural area where streaming really is not a viable option with service issues here and there no matter the carrier.

• The Samsung Galaxy S5, compare the specs, also note slightly bigger battery.

This is so gonna be my new phone as soon as it is released. Day one baby!!!!

I have had the EVO line from the start, except for the slide keyboard and one other. I swore I’d never go back. I have the HTC One now. Please don’t let me get sucked into thehype again. I’m thinking of the GS5 when it comes out. I’ve never owned a Samsung.

Currently own the HTC EVO 4G LTE, and my contract has recently expired! I’m waiting to see more about the HTC M8.. Still, my top three considerations is the SG5, Note 3, or the HTC One.. It’s hard being an HTC Fanboy… but I still believe.

HTC G1 -> HTC EVO 4G -> HTC EVO 4G LTE -> ???

• I’ve had every EVO since the original and I now own the one. Don’t think I would like Samsung. I am used to HTC and I like sense. I am due for an upgrade and can’t wait for this phone. Always said the Note was too big for my small hands. I am thinking now this may be just the right size for me. I don’t think I’d want it any bigger. I can’t wait for it to come out. I get an extra 50 off at Best Buy. I do wish the battery was a little bigger. I forgot what size is on the one now. The double tap to power on seems cool and the camera seems like it’s going to be real good. 5mp on the front I don’t do selfies but may now. LOL!

• So I have 3 lines on my plan. I was thinking about the Note 3, but I don’t want older tech with my phones. I have the EVOLTE right now and can upgrade. I am waiting for One specs since I’m thinking about going to the s5 or note 3. I haven’t compaired them yet.

But the reason for mentioning 3 lines is that 2 lines can upgrade now. and the 3rd later this year…around note 4 time frame.
    I really like the Note screen size and just in general. I have always preferred sense. There are things it does that I couldn’t really get from a CM rom. I’m sure that isn’t the case now, but I’ve stuck with it since the OG Evo and I kinda wanna see where they will go.
    I just wish people would stop making the huge phones with worse specs then the main lineup. (Looking at you One Max and Galaxy Mega)

• SD is great.. how about the battery… is it removable???? please make it so!

• Wrong about what removable battery is it going to have one? I wish!

• Gen1: 137.4 x 68.2 x 9.3 mm
    Gen2: 146.36 x 70.6 x 9.35mm

The first gen is too big as it is. Looks like I’ll be going elsewhere for a phone that lets me reach the notification bar one-handed without nearly dropping my phone every time. Unfortunate…