Sprint HTC One receives OTA update to 4.06.651.9

Blue HTC One 2

The Sprint-branded HTC One is currently getting an OTA update to build 4.06.651.9. The update went live for Sprint customers this morning, and can manually be installed by navigating to  Settings > System updates > HTC Software.

The official changelog on Sprint’s website says that only enhancements are “system stability improvements,” so it seems to be a relatively small and minor update. However, for those who have downloaded and installed the software, we’d appreciate a heads up in the comments on how big the download actually is, along with whether you notice anything else that has changed.

The update will push to all Sprint HTC One customers starting on March 24, but for those who want to take the jump now, it’s there for you. Of course, if you’re rooted, you’ll probably lose that, so you may want to hold off until your particular ROM developer incorporates the changes into your existing ROM. Otherwise, have fun.

[Sprint]
become a patron button - for some reason we don't have an alt tag here

John F

8 thoughts on “Sprint HTC One receives OTA update to 4.06.651.9

March 20, 2014 at 11:46 am

Just got it and installed it at 225pm, EST. Hopefully this fixes some isse I have been having. First, whether I’m an signal or Wi-Fi, the data connr just falls off completely. I’ve talked to Sprint numerous times and have done factory resets. My cable company says their equipment is good. I was told my area just completed phase 1 of 4g LTE coverage. The second issue is that whatever internet page I go to, I have to load and reload several times. We will see what happens. Not sure if it’s the phone or not.

March 23, 2014 at 10:37 pm

I have had the same issue with my phone and since the updates i can now connect to wifi and it doesnt say authentication error

March 21, 2014 at 7:23 am

Is there going to be an update for the Evo LTE?

March 21, 2014 at 8:39 am

well the update is close to 200mb i think it said 182

March 24, 2014 at 3:44 pm

Hmm its going through something about optimizing apps, and fixing some minor bugs….. and now it says something about.. IT JUST BRICKED MY PHONE.. j/k seems fine. its just a minor update. Including the reboot took less than 5 minutes on wifi

March 24, 2014 at 3:44 pm

March 25, 2014 at 8:59 am

This patch includes quite a bit more than just “system stability improvements.” I have noticed welcomed enhancements to the Newsfeed, a transparent unlock screen and most notably the phone will now turn “Wi-Fi” on by itself. I have already disabled the “Scanning always available” feature in Advanced Wi-Fi” settings to no avail. To make this issue even more odd, it is turning on Wi-Fi by itself while I have Pass-though Internet running. It was previously impossible to have both Wi-Fi and pass through at the same time.