HTC confirms it is still working on the Android 4.3 update for the HTC EVO 4G LTE
The Android 4.3 update for the HTC EVO 4G LTE has had quite a rocky history – and it hasn’t even been officially released to the public yet:
- First, HTC made an official RUU available on its website for download.
- Then, HTC said it would void your warranty if you updated your phone using the official software that HTC provided.
- Next, it was quietly yanked without notice.
- For a long period, no one at HTC seemed to know what was going on and was silent when asked.
- Finally, HTC removed the Android 4.3 update for the EVO 4G LTE from its official update status website, causing some people to lose all hope.
Luckily, it now appears that HTC hasn’t abandoned the device quite yet. Pocketables reader @discofilth recently reached out to us to share the tweet that appears below, which comes from HTC USA’s official Twitter account:
That’s straight from the horse’s mouth: “We’re working on a 4.3 update for the Evo 4G LTE.” Given HTC’s past, take this for what it’s worth – but at least there still appears to be someone at the company who hasn’t abandoned the device quite yet.