Earlier today, Sprint announced its new Total Equipment Protection (TEP) Plus plan, which is now its most expensive phone insurance plan at a monthly rate of $13. Customers who opt for this most expensive option will get these added benefits, over and above what Sprint already offers:
- Automatically back up and secure data
- Identify threats with built-in antivirus and privacy protection
- Access monitoring and optimization tools to maximize battery life and improve a phone’s overall performance (Android only)
- Remotely find a phone from the secure web portal using GPS or lock and erase personal information from a missing phone (lock is Android only)
- Provide one-click direct access to a tech expert for premium support to address any smartphone issue – no matter how simple or complex.
All of these features are included in Sprint’s Protect app in the Google Play Store, although only basic device backup and device location features are included with the lower TEP plans.
It’s worth mentioning that other apps can do most of this for free, including Google’s own Android Device Manager for locating, wiping, and locking phones; Google+ for nearly unlimited photo backup; and built-in malware detection included in most versions of Android.
If you’re still intrigued by all this, you can upgrade your current insurance plan now, or sign up for this the next time you purchase a new device.[Sprint] Thanks, Bill!