The 2013 HTC One M7 is getting an OTA update to 5.14.531.1, which includes the Sense 6 update. The software actually began rolling out on Friday, May 16, and provides users with a variety of improvements, including:
- Color coded HTC applications for easier navigation
- A new user interface for BlinkFeed that allows users to more intuitively add content and navigate using the sidebar, along with a smoother, continuous scrolling experience
- Nearby restaurant recommendations
- New, customizable fonts (three are preinstalled) that you can use with certain applications and settings menus. More are also available in the Play Store.
- A new camera app that has a more intuitive interface and quicker access to different camera modes.
- The new Zoe mode allows users to hold the shutter button for three seconds to take a Zoe and then automatically switch to video mode.
- A new user interface for the gallery, including an image match feature and point of interest locations in the Map view
- A redesigned app tray with quicker access to customization options
- A redesigned HTC Sense TV app that includes live sports scores and integration with social media
- A new music app with more visually stunning themese
- A new schedule function for Do Not Disturb Mode
- Updated Mail, Message, Calendar, and Phone apps
Surprisingly, the HTC One M7 jumped straight from the development phase to rolling out over the air, which either means that (a) T-Mobile didn’t feel a need to certify it, or (b) HTC’s new update status page can’t be trusted to be very accurate. In either case, at least it’s available for customers who have been waiting.
As of publication, the HTC One M7 for AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon is still in the certification phase for the Sense 6 update, as is the HTC One max on Verizon, which means it is undergoing carrier certification. The AT&T HTC One mini is still in the integration phase.[HTC | T-Mobile] Thanks, Simon!