According to one website, Sprint has started releasing the Android 4.4.4 / Eye Experience for the Harmon Kardon and standard HTC One M8 editions.
As of this writing (which is done at 8pm on Monday night scheduled for publishing in the morning,) I don’t have it in my hands or any notification of it, but that’s not particularly uncommon as I’m running a rooted ROM and also seem to be dead last on the Sprint update list since I’ve only been with them 16 years.
For those who are rooted, you can expect to be seeing modifications to your ROMs a couple of days after actual release, and for those who’re updating OTA make sure you have a full battery and a few minutes to be without a phone as these updates tend to take a bit of time.
If you’re one of the lucky readers to get it, drop us a line and let us know if you run into any problems or there’s something kind of amazing other than the Eye Experience.
If you’re not one of the lucky ones to see the update, keep checking, or check back here and we’ll see if this is someone jumping the gun in reporting/Sprint is unable to keep up with the rollout.
The Eye Experience camera enhancement includes the following features list (lifted off of AndroidAndMe,) in case you’re interested:
- Face Tracking: Track up to 4 faces during a video chat, and ensure that they stay within the camera’s angle of view.
- Split Capture: Record the action in front of you and yourself at the same time. Or, record the action first and then record a commentary.
- Face Fusion: Using 2 photos such as your selfie and a photo of your favorite celebrity, try merging your looks together.
- Voice Selfie: Take a picture or video selfie by just saying “Say Cheese” or “Action”.
- Live Makeup: Smoothen your skin before taking your selfie.
- Photo Booth: Take 4 selfies and merge them into a single picture.
Thanks Dominic, and any others who sent this in![AndroidAndMe]