It’s here. It’s finally here. After ordering and weeks of waiting, my Google Nexus 6 by Motorola is finally here.
I unboxed it in the video above and plan to cover it for a while on Pocketables, but here are some initial impressions:
- This phone is big. Like, really big. Almost unwieldy. Sometimes inconveniently big.
- Even though it’s so big, I love the extra screen real estate. After a few days of playing around with the Nexus 6, my Nexus 5 feels like a toy.
- I don’t think I can go back to a small phone, which will suck for my pocketbook.
- The build quality seems superb – it’s built tough, and already survived an accidental drop onto a tile floor from about five feet with absolutely no visible damage.
- The front facing speakers are amazing. Just like the speakers on the Nexus 9, I will never be able to use a phone without these ever again.
- The included turbo charger is amazing. It charges really fast, even with a bigger battery.
I’ll be sure to post more about the Nexus 6 in the coming weeks and months, but for now … I have to go. There’s still too much left to discover here!