In an attempt to drum up excitement and anticipation for HTC’s upcoming HTC Vive virtual reality headset, the Taiwanese manufacturer is taking the device on a world tour where interested consumers can show up and play around with it for themselves.
According to HTC, tour stops currently include:
- July 9-12, Island St & 6th Ave, San Diego, CA, USA
- July 17-19, Forecastle Festival, Louisville, KY, USA
- July 22-23, Navy Pier, Chicago, IL, USA
- July 25-26, North Shore Beach, Chicago, IL, USA
- August 2-8, The International, Seattle, WA, USA
- August 5-9, Gamescom, Cologne, Germany
- August 13-16, specific location TBD, San Francisco, CA, USA
- August 20-23, specific location TBD, Portland, OR, USA
- August 28-31, PAX Prime, Seattle, WA, USA
- September 4-9, IFA, Berlin, Germany
- October 28-November 1, Paris Games Week, Paris, France
HTC says that these dates and locations are subject to change, so check the HTC blog for the most up to date information.
In fact, you can follow the world tour by checking HTC’s blog everyday for photos, videos, and stories, and HTC will also post on Twitter using the @HTCVive account, and the hashtag @HTCViveLive (typing that is like a tongue twister for your fingers).
It does look like a cool thing to follow, and the product itself seems to have potential.
The HTC Vive will be made available to consumers during this year’s holiday shopping season for an unknown price.[HTC]