This summer, T-Mobile has been re-examining its previous Uncarrier announcements and improving them somehow. It calls this Uncarrier Amped, and guess what: CEO John Legere took to Twitter to announce that the next one is coming tomorrow:
— John Legere (@JohnLegere) July 28, 2015
In the ten-second video he posted, he is playing Lil’ John’s “Turn Down For What” and lip-syncing. So what does this mean?
It seems likely to me that this will have something to do with Music Freedom – hence the music in the video. There are several possibilities that come to mind immediately:
- T-Mobile might expand free access to Rhapsody Unradio to all its customers, like it is currently doing with MLB at Bat, instead of restricting this to only unlimited data customers.
- T-Mobile might announce an expansion of free music streaming to more services, like Tune In Radio, or perhaps Apple Music or Amazon.
- T-Mobile might whitelist all data from music apps, including album artwork and advertising, so that truly no data is eaten up by these apps.
- T-Mobile might expand Music Freedom to tethered devices, so tethering data is not used up.
- Could T-Mobile introduce Video Freedom for apps like Facebook, YouTube, or Twitter? Could this be the hint behind his own video that he just posted?
What do you expect will be announced tomorrow?