The Galaxy Note 9 is out, here’re some notes
Sorry all for the site update frequency this week – 5yo entered kindergarten on Tuesday, things have been oddly chaotic. Now on with the Note 9.
We’ll assume you know phones – here’s what’s new and neat.
- Bluetooth stylus. Allows air gestures, slide switching, remote detonation, perhaps remote shutter for photos
- 4000mAh battery which will last all day, which is what every phone has said about their huge battery since 2000mAh was the goal to reach for
- 21% larger than the Note 8
- Slightly better dual cameras
- Up to 8GB of RAM that someone is currently saying “Android doesn’t need 8GB of RAM to function” while downloading their 2.1 gigabyte app update. Looks like there’s a 6GB option as well.
- Up to 512GB internal storage so you don’t suddenly find yourself out of space when you’re recording 4K
- Supposedly really loud, may be turned all the way to 11
- Android Oreo 8.1
- Some form of cooling that’s new
- Stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos
Some specs and numbers
Should be available August 24th in the US
US Specs CPU/GPU
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 US/China – 8core (4×2.8GHz 4×1.7GHz)
- Adreno 630
Non US specs
- Samsung Exynos 9810 (not US/China) – 8core (4×2.7GHz 4×1/8GHz)
- Mail-G72 MP18
- 6.4″ capacititive touchscreen Super AMOLED display
- Rear cameras: Dual 12 MP (1.4 μm, f/1.5/2.4) + 12 MP ((1.0 μm), f/2.4), Dual OIS, 4K at 30 or 60 fps (limited to 5 min), QHD at 30 fps, 1080p at 30 or 60 fps, 720p at 30 fps and slow motion at 960 fps
- Front selfie cam: 8 MP (1.22 μm, f/1.7), autofocus
- 128GB internal storage with 6GB models
- 512GB internal with 8GB models
- 4000mAh non-removable battery
- Accelerometer Barometer Fingerprint scanner (rear-mounted) Iris scanner Geomagnetic sensor Gyroscope Hall sensor Proximity sensor Heart Rate and Blood Pressure sensor
- Physical sound volume keys, Bixby key
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG with Dolby Atmos support
More can be found on Samsung’s website.