Tariffs hiked to 25% on Chinese imports, here are some highlights
While the tariff hike doesn’t affect anything in transit, things are about to get significantly more expensive as the tariffs have gone from 10% to 25%.
In the higher tech areas the following are about to get a hike:
- Touch screens without display capabilities for incorporation in apparatus having a display
- LEDs for backlighting of LCDs
- Parts and accessories of automatic voltage and voltage-current regulators designedfor use in a 6, 12, or 24 V system
- Automatic voltage and voltage-current regulators, designed for use in a 6, 12, or 24 V system
- Automatic thermostats
- Printed circuit assemblies
- Instruments and apparatus specially designed for telecommunications
And a whole lot more…
Full list should be showing above or you can click here.
The tariffs on Chinese goods will be passed along in increased expense to consumers in the United States. Investment in moving some of the higher-tech manufacturing to the US would alleviate that but that’s a multi-year build to get the US up to speed.
It will be interesting to see how much the tariff hike is going to impact other countries tech exports to the US since Chinese components are pretty much in everything.[Business Insider]