TVision is a new streaming platform by T-Mobile that doesn’t feature Mr. T as far as I can tell.
The intro pricing and channel selections remind me a bit of YouTube TV before they started bundling everything possible and jacking the price by $20, so we’ll see if the Uncarrier goes down that path or not.
Slightly edited press release follows (just removed the embed code as it was looking odd):
It’s time to Un-cable, America.
Today, in a webcast, T-Mobile CEO Mike Sievert unveiled TVision — taking the Un-carrier fight straight to the Cableopoly by delivering pain-point-free streaming TV starting at just $10/mo! There are three distinct services — TVision LIVE, VIBE and CHANNELS — and the TVision HUB, a new streaming device powered by Android TV. All launching nationwide on November 1.
“With TVision, you can cut the cord, cut the cost and cut the crap,” said Dow Draper, T-Mobile EVP of Emerging Products.
First, there’s TVision LIVE. Live news, sports, 100 hours of cloud DVR and over 10,000 programs on-demand—all starting at just $40/mo. That’s a potential annual savings of almost $1,800 over Big Cable.
• TVision Live TV: $40/month for 30+ channels featuring top live news and sports including ABC, FOX, NBC, Turner, ESPN and more.
• TVision Live TV+: all of the above, plus 10+ more channels including The NFL Network, ESPNU, SEC Network, The Golf Channel and more, for just $50/month. That’s $15/month less than YouTube TV, even with NFL Network.
• TVision Live Zone: the best cord-cutting option for sports fans. At just $60/month, it includes all of the above, plus 10 additional channels, including NFL Red Zone.
Then, there’s TVision VIBE. Live and on-demand programming from AMC, BET, Discovery, Food Network, Hallmark, HGTV, MTV, TLC and more (30+ channels total) for just $10/mo — it’s the lowest price to cut the cord and still get all this incredible content.
There’s also TVision CHANNELS. A-la-carte streaming services with one bill, one login and one place to manage it all in the T-Mobile app or online, starting with STARZ, SHOWTIME and EPIX.
For full channel lineups, please visit T-Mobile.com/TVision.
Finally, we also announced a special offer starting on 11/1 — customers who sign up for TVision Live TV+ or Live Zone packages by December 31 will get Apple TV+ for FREE for a year, PLUS the option to add Apple TV 4K for just $99 — an $80 savings after rebate.
All three streaming services are available via:
• Android and Apple mobile devices via the T-Mobile TVision app
• On Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV or the new Google TV using the TVision app
• The TVision HUB — an HDMI streaming device and user-friendly remote for just $50. Connects the TVision app with streaming apps like Netflix (on us, with two or more lines on Magenta), Disney+, CBS AllAccess/Paramount+, HBO Max and others not yet within CHANNELS — plus games and music.
No boxes, no extra channels nobody wants to watch (or pay for), no annual service contracts, no exploding plans — there’s just one bill for wireless and TV, and one login to manage it all within the T-Mobile app. And help from real humans with T-Mobile’s Team of Experts.
TVision is part of T-Mobile’s strategy to take on the Cableopoly, who are also the country’s biggest home ISPs, as the Un-carrier gets ready to launch 5G Home Internet. Stay tuned.
Starting November 1, TVision streaming services and the TVision HUB will be available nationwide for T-Mobile postpaid customers — and thousands of employees will be ready to help online, over the phone or in retail stores. Starting today, customer can visit T-Mobile.com/TVision for more info or to sign up to be notified when TVision services launch. Later in November, TVision services will be available to legacy Sprint customers and next year for prepaid customers.
For more information, please visit the T-Mobile Newsroom.