December software update for the Pixel 7 Pro addresses a lot of issues I’ve encountered (hopefully)
I’ve been feeling like a beta tester with the Pixel 7 Pro this last month… issues with charging, camera, fingerprint sensors, etc have plagued me… and December’s Google Pixel update which just dropped addresses six or seven of the issues I’ve encountered… whether they fixed them or not I don’t know yet, will have to see if I charge tonight.
Looking through the changelog here’s a list of just the issues that I’ve encountered as a user lo this first month. Hopefully addressed for the scenarios I triggered them in but we’ll see:
- Fix for issue occasionally preventing Adaptive charging from working in certain conditions *
- Fix for issue occasionally preventing wireless charging from working with certain accessories *
- Fix for issue occasionally preventing fingerprint sensor from detecting touch while always-on display is active *
- Fix for issue where fingerprint enrollment may occasionally display visual glitches in certain conditions *
- Fix for issue occasionally preventing connection to car head units using older Bluetooth versions
- Fix for issue occasionally preventing discovery of certain Bluetooth devices or accessories
- Fix for issue occasionally preventing previously paired Bluetooth devices from reconnecting
- General improvements for Bluetooth stability and performance in certain conditions
- Fix for issue occasionally preventing certain apps to rotate to landscape orientation
- Fix for issue occasionally preventing keyboard from being dismissed while using certain apps
- Fix for issue occasionally causing notifications to disappear or appear invisible in notification shade
- Fix for issue occasionally causing screenshot captures to fail in certain conditions
- Fix for issue occasionally causing suggested apps in Search to overlap or display over results
- Fix for issue occasionally preventing Bluetooth Low Energy devices from displaying a device name during pairing
The full list of addressed bugs can be found here. It’s odd to see something other than “bugfixes and security updates” listed, which I’ve been seeing for my entire Samsung Galaxy run generally.
Some Pixel exclusive features have also been added (click here to see ’em,) one of which is Clear Calling which does some voodoo to make the calls sound clearer… we’re at 20 minutes of install at the moment so don’t know how that’s going to sound.
Let’s see if this fixes this not feeling remotely like a “pro” phone.