AndroidAppleGood and EVO

Deal alert: Get $5 in free Amazon MP3 credit

amazon mp3 - for some reason we don't have an alt tag hereThis isn’t the first time this has happened, and it probably won’t be the last – but that doesn’t make it any less awesome. Right now, you can get $5 in free Amazon MP3 credit that you can spend however you want just by signing up to get deals from Scott (the makers of Scott paper towels).

To get your free MP3 credit, just visit the link below, and sign up for Scott Shared Values. The only personal information you have to give up is y our name, email address, sex, birthday, and zip code – all of which is pretty standard. And since Scott is a reputable company, it should be fairly easy to unsubscribe from emails or delete your account after you’ve redeemed your free $5.

There’s no indication about how long this offer is good for, although the credit will expire on January 31, 2013. All-in-all, it seems like a fairly easy way to get some music that you can then download to your phone, or even subsequently upload to another service like Google Play Music.

[Scott via Fat Wallet]

John F

16 thoughts on “Deal alert: Get $5 in free Amazon MP3 credit

I don’t see the link…

There’s also a Coinstar deal going on right now that can also net you $5 in MP3 credit, and actually there doesn’t appear to be a limit on how many times you can do it. When you trade in $20 at a Coinstar machine (some accept dollar bills which can make this even easier) for an Amazon gift card, they give you a bonus $5 in MP3s per transaction. People have found you can do multiple $20 transactions to get multiple $5 credits.

The deal is valid until September 23, and here’s the link for details:

Oops, didn’t mean to reply to Doug. (But since I have, Doug the link is at the bottom of the article)

My first thought was yay another good deal that I can use to get free music legally. Then I say that I need to sign up for a service to get the deal. I do NOT want to do that. I don’t just give out my information to sites to get music, there has to be more than that. And the fact that you would then have to unsubscribe to the service is uncool. If I am going to sign up for a service it better entertain me enough to make me keep wanting the updates. If anyone has any updates on the content of the subscription that would be great.

You dont have to. You just had to input the initial information. Then it states this survey thing of what benefits your family. I simply selected that none, and proceeded. I received the code, clicked the link and inputed the code. I was already logged into my account in Amazon so I got 5 free dollars.

I think that it is just the idea of having to out in my somewhat personal information to get back a code that I will use in under a half an hour, Don’t get me wrong, free is my favorite price but I can get music from YouTube that I can download and listen to whenever I want,

I understand giving the info so that the same person doesn’t keep requesting the offer but 5 bucks isn’t enough of a deal for me to register. I’ll skip a burger the next time i want one and buy 5 more songs.

I got one last time and I have still to use it, I don’t even know if its still good.haha

Thanks for the info. The only thing I don’t like is that I’ll use some of the credit, but I always seem to lose where you can see your balances. But I’ll probably just try to use it all in one go.

I love this website, i seriously find out about so many tech deals it’s not funny, first they told me about my Asus Transformer Prime and tons of other stuff…Pocketables (goodandevo) is awesome….

• I always get these. Thanks!

This is pretty cool. Free money is free money. Thanks Amazon

I’m constantly getting anything for free music… I think it’s great you guys shared this. I already used my $5 credit. Thanks again!

• Cool. Might try this out. I get so much junk mail anyway that one more ain’t really gonna hurt. I just give them my old AOL address. Only important ppl get the Gmail one.