How to turn off HTC Sense on HTC EVO 4G
Although I personally love HTC Sense on any device that runs it, I know that there are many people who don't feel the same. Unfortunately for them, some Android phones aren't able to get out of Sense's grips without turning to the helping hands of a custom ROM. Luckily for us, disabling Sense on the HTC EVO 4G is not a problem.
Here's how it's done:
- Press the Menu button and select Settings.
- Tap Applications, then Manage applications.
- It may take a moment for the list of applications to display but once it does, select HTC Sense.
- Scroll down a bit and tap the "Clear defaults" and "Force stop" buttons. A window will pop up asking you to confirm that you want to stop the application. Tap OK. Note: Force stop is optional.
- Now press the Home button.
- Select Launcher from the pop-up window.
- If you want to use the standard Android Launcher instead of Sense whenever you press the Home button, press the "Use by default for this action" checkbox.
I've got some side-by-side screenshots (Sense on the left, Launcher on the right) below.