AndroidAppsStreakSmart

Dell Streak gets mocha with Starbucks for Android app

Mocha

No, that's not the name of a new version of Android!

Starbucks announced yesterday that their mobile payment app is now available for Android users, and of course it works on the Dell Streak.

Starbucks-qr A similar app has been available for iOS devices since mid-January, but good things come to those who wait, right?

The whole process is very simple. Basically the app turns your Streak into a digital gift card that you can use to pay for your favorite java addicition.

It's free and has some great additional features as well. For example, if you have a Starbucks.com account you can track your transactions, balance, and your My Starbucks Rewards right from your Streak. And if you don't have an account, you can sign up for one right from the app.

Links: Market (Streak) | Market (web)

[Starbucks]

Brett Kaminski

Brett Kaminski is a former contributor at StreakSmart, which was merged into Pocketables in 2012.

10 thoughts on “Dell Streak gets mocha with Starbucks for Android app

• This is not Dell streak news… this is Android news…. like 90% of the previous post for the past 2-3 weeks.

What happened to this blog ? If I want general news about android I’ll look for and android blog…

Writting Streak in every title does not make it about the dell streak.

• I figure since the streak is ageing then we wont get much news about it specifically so some news is better then none. So do not be so harsh on the news.

Sorry, I agree with E. Dion and the other critics. Generic android items are lame.

If you’re going to post items about apps or widgets or anti-virus, then actually use the Streak to test them. THAT is relevant. THAT promotes interaction.

Without relevant news, it’s time to close up shop.

If it was a purely volunteer gig, I would cut a little slack. Being paid means the extra effort is expected.

IMHO.

• The new writers are still getting settled into their new gig so please be patient with the content.

Right now, 50% of the front page is Streak-specific. The other 50% is general Android news. That’s more than I used to put out when I was running the site alone, but I’m just not able to do it that way anymore.

With such a small developer community and barely any Streak news out there, it’s difficult to find Streak-only content every day. I don’t have this problem on my HTC EVO site at all because the dev community is enormous and general news is plentiful.

The fact that Dell decided not to bring the Streak 10 to the US until next year puts a wrench into things too, as very few people are interested in the Streak 7 and there’s very little going on with the 5 these days.

Everyone is trying their best and if you can find interesting Streak-only news every day, then please send it in.

• I agree with Jenn. It is hard finding Streak news, that is why I’m currently doing reviews.

And if we didn’t post general Android news, we would be struggling to get up maybe more than 2 posts a week.

And to reiterate what Jenn said above, if you find Streak-only news, send it in and we will gladly post it.

• Sorry to go off topic from people complaining about the content – I happen to think it’s a great site with great content and android, being integral to the streak is just as important as the device specific stuff…

Anyway as I say, to go off topic…

Please can someone tell me how to get the black notification bar with green icons like in the picture…? (running 2.2 O2 un-rooted).

Thanks!

And please keep up the great work it’s a wonderful site :)

• Thanks Jamie!

The black bar and green icons are baked into DJ_Steve’s streakdroid 1.9.0

:-)

Relevant to the post, regardless of content:
    I’ve been using MyCoffeeCard by Birbeck which has worked quite well. In appreciation, I may just keep his app, but I’m still going to try Starbuck’s.

Anyone done a comparison yet?

• Update 14.5 hours later: And now only two of the articles on the front page are general Android news. :-)

• The Barcode was a bit small on the streak. The barista had to insert the card number manually.