Software UpdatesStreakSmart

Dell releases Honeycomb update for the Dell Streak 10 Pro

Screen Shot 2011-10-05 at 6.58.54 AM

We truly hope that you aren't getting tired of hearing all this news about Honeycomb. We've already discussed two variants of Honeycomb for the Dell Streak 7 (WiFi and 3G,) and now it's time that we shift our focus towards the Streak 10 Pro, which is receiving its first update from Android 3.1 to 3.2.

The Streak 10 is only available in China, yes, but given the fact that Honeycomb has been released on the EU WiFi and 3G Streak 7s, it just seems logical that Dell is seriously gearing up for the official US launch on Friday.

If you happen to have a Streak 10, you'll want to hit up the source links below to get your latest version of Honeycomb on. If not, then you'll probably still want to check it out so you can make sure you aren't dreaming.

Thanks, Themanii!

[XDA Forums | Streak 10 Honeycomb .pkg | Streak 10 update page]

Calob Horton

Calob Horton is an associate editor at Pocketables. He loves all technology, no matter which company it comes from. This unbiased view of the tech world allows him to choose the products that best fit his personal needs and tastes: a Microsoft Surface Pro, a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, and a third-gen iPad.Google+ | Twitter | More posts by Calob | Subscribe to Calob's posts

10 thoughts on “Dell releases Honeycomb update for the Dell Streak 10 Pro

• The dell Streak 10 Pro already had Honeycomb. It shipped with Android 3.1. The update just brings it to Android 3.2.

hmmm……I got a streak 10 now, just rooted yesterday and managed to get all the google stuffs working, should I update just for sake of using the sd card?…..I’m sure the china rom will come without android market and google maps

could you post the details of your current rom?

I’m interested in the version and build date.

If you’re willing to do more could you meet on #dellstreak7 on freenode?

Here’s the details of my streak 10 pro

Kernel version
    2.6.36.3-00003-g9e0ffef
    Build number
    201107220948

If you are rooted, could you pull the recovery image off your device? I see you are currently on 546.

Is there any other way I could contact you? As posting here in the comments section isnt really suited for it

someone uploaded the recovery image on a china website.
    here’s the link to the file. let me know if it’s the correct one.

saw you posting on xda forum too. my id is kenjilee1020, cheers

Dell actually took down this update, first time it’s ever happened.

They must have had a reason to take it down though.

I noticed that too, some of the chinese guys updated it.it wasn’t that stable, they get frozen touchscreen and as card writing error.will keep you posted;)

I dont suppose any of them bothered to save the decrypted update file generated by the recovery did they?

Oh and I PMed you over on xda