If you like to keep things simple, and you're a fan of all-in-one root solutions, then you may want to take a look at kevinrocksman's View Multitool, which offers a bunch of functionality in one very easy-to-use program.
When you download this program onto your PC and connect your HTC EVO View, you're given a ton of options, including:
- Turning S-OFF to S-ON
- Downgrading from stock Honeycomb to stock Gingerbread
- Downgrading your S-OFF Honeycomb bootloader to the Gingerbread bootloader
- Upgrading from S-OFF Gingerbread to Honeycomb
- Upgrading the impossible-to-upgrade hboot version 6.14.5555
- Installing Superuser
- Installing Gingerbread or Honeycomb versions of Clockwork Mod recovery
- Access to fastbood and adb functions
There are also two versions of this program you can download: a lightweight version for those of you who don't have the fastest of internet connections, or a 1.2GB version that comes with everything. There are also tons of helpful instructional videos in case you get stuck trying to do something with this program.
This is truly a great solution, and it's been actively developed for several months now, so you can be pretty sure this is legit. Give it a try, and let us know what you think![xda-developers]