Android

Samsung Galaxy Note II will drop on Sprint October 25

galaxy note ii - for some reason we don't have an alt tag here

Yesterday, Sprint announced that the Samsung Galaxy Note II with 4G LTE would be available on October 25 for a cool $299.99 on contract. And yes, that’s a lot of money to spend on a phone – but you also get a lot of phone with that.

According to Sprint, the Galaxy Note II will be its first phone to launch with Android 4.1.1, Jelly Bean; first smartphone with a display larger than 5 inches; and the first device to launch with a quad-core processor. Indeed, the phone has a 5.5-inch HD Super AMOLED 720p display, a 1.6GHz Exynos quad-core processor, a built-in S Pen, an 8MP back camera and 1.9MP front camera with HD video recording, 4G LTE connectivity, and compatibility with GSM and UMTS networks for international roaming.

I, for one, am extremely happy that Sprint will be getting this device – and early on, unlike T-Mobile’s much-too-late grab at the original Galaxy Note. In the meantime, be sure to let us know if you’ll be picking up a Galaxy Note II for yourself – and then head on over to the forums and join the Galaxy Note II discussion already happening there now!

[Sprint]

John F

11 thoughts on “Samsung Galaxy Note II will drop on Sprint October 25

I want it. Even though I’m a big HTC fan, I won’t be able to upgrade till June. I’m sure there’ll be some better tech by then, so I’ll just have to wait, but I at least want to try the Note II, when it comes out.

• I definitely want one, just don’t know what carrier to get it on. Sprint has been increasingly bad in Honolulu and no telling when our LTE will be setup (and if it will be any good when it happens). I’m really interested in T-Mobile, it doesn’t have LTE but from what I’ve heard the speeds are still really amazing (without the battery drain). The downfall is they are really slow at getting phones and when they do get them they are usually higher priced that other places. Ugh Decisions decisions decisions. (And no ATT/Verizon is not an option until they lower their fees and/or give me unlimited data).

Can’t wait. Not too sure on having a the “S Pen” though. I haven’t had a phone with a stylus since the Palm Treo 700.

There are no preorders??? Been looking for a pre order date for 2 months now, anyone know any site taking preorders??

Would love to try one out, but I agree with Gaffer on the S-pen. Would feel weird to use one today. I guess it’s just like physical keyboards vs onscreen that most people use nowadays – different strokes for different folks.

Maybe I can talk my wife into getting this instead of the iPhone5. She got an Lg Optimus then I was able to get her the Epic 4G, The Epic has been crapping out on her and we’ve been unable to try to take it to a sprint store. She is tired of her phone crapping out and likes her iPod. Ugh. I’ll see if the promise of a phone/tablet might get her to change her mind. Keep this family android.

• $300 seems like a lot nowadays but I remember trying to save up the $500 or so for a Palm Treo 650, it sort of make us loss sight of our phones real value these days.

This seems awesome. The Samsung Galaxy range is really good. Any idea when its coming to the UK?

I may have to re-think this whole “going back to windows mobile” thing!! It’s ironic… Sprint not having the Note, is what had me feeling that way… I was going to change things up. Now, Sprint not having any windows 8 phones may be the reason I end up with the phone I originally wanted!!

don’t know if I can get away from my Evo LTE but looks very nice. I hope a friend gets it so I can play lol.

I need this in my life. Large hands and large plans.