Leaked update list from HTC confirms Jelly Bean for the HTC EVO 4G LTE

jelly bean statue - for some reason we don't have an alt tag here

We’ve just gotten wind that HTC does in fact intend to update the HTC EVO 4G LTE to Jelly Bean, in spite of the fact that HTC has never mentioned the latest EVO in any official update lists or announcements. This comes from a well-respected and pretty reliable source – Football4PDA – who has leaked good information in the past. Football4PDA leaked the information on Twitter.

Here’s the complete list of HTC devices that will get Jelly Bean according to this leak, along with their internal code names:

• HTC One X+ (Evitare)
  • HTC One XL (Evita)
  • HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE (Fireball)
  • HTC EVO 4G LTE (Jewel)
  • HTC One SV (K2)
  • HTC One VX (Totem C2)
  • HTC One S (Ville), HTC One S C2 (Ville C2)
  • HTC J ISW13HT (Valente)

This should hopefully quell some fears about the EVO not getting Jelly Bean after several potential release dates had come and gone. The only question that now remains is when the EVO will finally be updated. I’ve got my fingers cross that it will still be 2012 when it happens, but given how these things have gone in the past, I probably shouldn’t hold my breath.

[Twitter via Android AuthorityThanks, Joseph!

become a patron button - for some reason we don't have an alt tag here

John F

25 thoughts on “Leaked update list from HTC confirms Jelly Bean for the HTC EVO 4G LTE

December 10, 2012 at 12:06 pm

This told us nothing new. We all knew the EVO LTE was getting Jelly Bean but we are still left with the same question we had before this article, When?

December 10, 2012 at 7:25 pm

Nobody has ever confirmed we were getting JB… But actually today playstation mobile put a list out of the phones that will be compatible with playstation mobile and Evo 4g lte was on it. It is only for JB so thats 2 confirmations today! Thats a good day in my book.

December 10, 2012 at 12:13 pm

I sent a tweet to @sprintcare asking if there was an update for the EVO 4G LTE. Here was there response. Pretty stock answer, but at least the answered!

“No news yet I am afraid. We are getting pretty anxious for the update as well. Pls keep an eye on the usual channels. *MDR”

December 10, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Well, if this update ever comes out, I am confident that there will never be another major update for this phone ever again. My next phone is going to be a Samsung, maybe something like a Note II, Note III or a Galaxy S IV, but it will not be an HTC phone.

December 10, 2012 at 1:27 pm

I know right?! Samsung just released the source for the Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy S2! Last years model they are still updating! This would be the third update for it! It came with Gingerbread, then updated to Ice Cream Sandwich and now finally Jelly Bean! Holy cow! HTC can’t even get one phone updated while Samsung is doing it for all of theirs!

December 10, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Lol i posted this on the other article :D awesome!!

December 10, 2012 at 12:58 pm

I don’t ever recall seeing a confirmation that the 4G LTE was getting it, although given that other similar models are getting it, it seems strange that there is so much left unsaid.

Which leads me to think there is something contractual between HTC and Sprint requires this silence or between HTC and other vendors that givens them a period of exclusivity?

It’s very frustrating.. and seems anti-competitive.

December 10, 2012 at 1:15 pm

I never doubted that the Lte would get Jelly Bean, the question is and has always been when. Sprint and HTC need to at the very least give a time frame for this update.

December 10, 2012 at 1:28 pm

I know we knew it was getting it just when?

December 10, 2012 at 1:40 pm

These articles about the EVO LTE’s update are getting a little too similar to Sprints tweets about this subject. We all know it’s going to be updated, hopefully, we just want to know when.

December 10, 2012 at 2:03 pm

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

December 10, 2012 at 3:02 pm

Very simple, no jelly bean for the evo & no LTE = NO more business for HTC and NO business for sprint in 2013 and beyond.

December 10, 2012 at 3:19 pm

i would love to kno the reason they left the LTE out of the list in the begining?? something is fishy and why no time frame?

December 10, 2012 at 3:25 pm

I bought me the big bad HTC EVO 4G LTE and my my wife the little simple Galaxy cause she’s not in to this ICS, jellybean stuff, her Galaxy is Jelly Bean & my big bad htc evo 4g lte is ics, so it’s probably Samsung for me to, sorry HTC, I bought her that phone last year and it’s Jelly Bean? ummm

December 10, 2012 at 3:57 pm

We might as well quit talking about it! I guess the gs2 users got the most bang for their buck….I doubt we’ll get another one after this one. I plan on switching phones and carriers next spring after my ETF drops some!

December 10, 2012 at 5:38 pm

I’m totally happy with my EVO 4G LTE and it’s features, etc. (other than the battery doesn’t remove). But i’m not happy about why Sprint needs to keep us in the dark. If it’s contractual, they should say so, if it’s not contractual they should figure out how NOT to leave their best customers in the dark.

December 10, 2012 at 8:02 pm

The constant bitching I see in the comments is getting old. Also what I’m really loving is people post what they think HTC is or isn’t going to do and then bitching about that. Was it not just a year ago that Samsung wasn’t updating their phones and everybody was talking bad about them? Now, because HTC didn’t get one update out as soon as you all found it time for said update, its HTC sucks and I’m leaving them. Yes, things like this can be annoying, but to stop buying phones from HTC over one update is so stupid. If the phone didn’t make calls or txt I could understand. Doesn’t ICS not support flash? For me that’s reason enough not to update, ever.

December 11, 2012 at 6:58 am

Jelly Bean doesn’t support flash, but I see your point. I’m still going to update it because I want sense 4+, project butter, and sight seeing mode in sense 4+ (im always taking pictures) I would also like 4.2 if possible. I at least hope that is why they are taking so long to update the EVO LTE.

December 10, 2012 at 8:26 pm

The update would be cool, but even cooler would be an HTC phone without dialer and text contacts lag! Maybe, actually HOPEFULLY this is why the update is taking so long?
    HTC…C’mon Man!

December 10, 2012 at 10:54 pm

I loved the OG EVO. And I love the EVO LTE. But I had to move on. HTC is killing me with how long it takes them to update their phones. I now have the SGSIII and I’m happy with it. But I’m still hoping for the best for the EVO LTE fans. Much love…

December 11, 2012 at 4:19 am

I finally got fed up with all of this. HTC has left their customers in the dust. I just bought a Galaxy Note II and am excited to try that. Comes with Jelly Bean :)

December 11, 2012 at 1:35 pm

Can anyone confirm if the one x will be on this list ever?

December 11, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Now we have to wait another few months to hear it was leaked the update will be released in a few months. Then a few months later no update and there was never any plans to update the evo. But I think by then most of us would of moved on from the htc evo lte.