If you’re reading this from the UK, and you have a 2013 HTC One M7, then keep reading – we’ve got good news for you. If your HTC One M7 is either the unlocked version, the O2 carrier version, or the Three carrier version, you can start hitting your software update button right away to begin downloading your Sense 6 update. According to HTC’s update status page for the UK, all three versions of the device are receiving this update over the air right now.
The Vodafone and EE versions of the HTC One M7 are both still in the integration phase, so unfortunately those customers will have to wait a little bit longer.
Interestingly enough, it appears that HTC is updating its unlocked versions of the device region by region, as the US version was already updated some time ago.
To recap, here’s what’s new with Sense 6:
[HTC via Android Police]
- Color coded HTC applications for easier navigation
- A new user interface for BlinkFeed that allows users to more intuitively add content and navigate using the sidebar, along with a smoother, continuous scrolling experience
- Nearby restaurant recommendations
- New, customizable fonts (three are preinstalled) that you can use with certain applications and settings menus. More are also available in the Play Store.
- A new camera app that has a more intuitive interface and quicker access to different camera modes.
- The new Zoe mode allows users to hold the shutter button for three seconds to take a Zoe and then automatically switch to video mode.
- A new user interface for the gallery, including an image match feature and point of interest locations in the Map view
- A redesigned app tray with quicker access to customization options
- A redesigned HTC Sense TV app that includes live sports scores and integration with social media
- A new music app with more visually stunning themese
- A new schedule function for Do Not Disturb Mode
- Updated Mail, Message, Calendar, and Phone apps