UMPC

Sony mylo 2 (COM-2) now just $150

Mylo2_refurb

Remember late last year when Sony began offering a $100 instant rebate on the mylo 2 (COM-2) internet device? The reduced price was only supposed to be good until the end of January 2009, but it turns out that the "limited time" savings wasn't so limited after all.

Now advertised simply as "starting at $199.99" (see screenshot below), the mylo 2 has become so tough to resist at its lower price that there aren't any left!

Mylo2_199_sp

Mylo_199_oos

Not brand new ones, anyway.

The only devices that can be purchased from Sony Style image 2592750 10396361 - for some reason we don't have an alt tag herenow are refurbished. But considering that the price on these units is just $150, it doesn't really matter that they aren't fresh from the factory. In fact, the odds of getting a mylo 2 in perfect working condition are probably greater when taking the refurbished route since each unit has been personally tested to meet certain quality standards.

The Sony mylo 2 isn't as capable as the Nokia N810, iPhone, or whatever else you want to compare it to, but $150 for a WiFi-enabled device that has a WVGA touchscreen, Flash support, NetFront web browser, video recording, direct upload to YouTube capabilities, user-created widgets, and the ability to purchase and download music from Amazon MP3ir?t=pocketables 20&l=ur2&o=1 - for some reason we don't have an alt tag here isn't bad at all.

[Refurbished mylo 2 at Sony Style]

8 thoughts on “Sony mylo 2 (COM-2) now just $150

• That’s not a bad deal at all…that may just satisfy my UMPC cravings until finances improve once my bank robbery plan is finally implemented. hmmm $150..hmmm.

• Two things stop me from buying one of these.

1. Memory Stick- I hate it.

2. No camera on the face of the device. If this thing could be used for video Skype calls, it would be a winner.

• I didn’t know you were craving a UMPC. Which one?

I just picked up a Nokia N810 for £162 from England and it’s er … pretty crap, to be honest. The keyboard is attrocious, the web browser is slow and keeps locking up, the battery drains fast just listening to internet radio (the only thing it seems to be good for) and forget trying to keep running any sort of word processor. I installed Easy debian on it hoping to get some functionality but it’s just made it slower and more prone to lock up. Give me a small windows device anyday.

• That’s the problem…none in particular strike my fancy…if I had to choose what’s available today I’d say the U820 comes closest….I just miss having something that doesn’t need a platform to use (ie netbook). The old 2 handed thumb browsing or emailing is somewhat useful in some circumstances and I do some financial market analysis every evening that begs for a great output device without much need for input (typing ticker symbols and a few short notes). On second tought though…I need full windows compatibility…sorry Milo….

• Don’t let the folks at Internet Tablet Talk hear you say that! The N810 is just long in the tooth. :)

• LOL That’s what they said about the 770!
    John I am shocked it’s that slow.
    Opera runs fast on my 770. I do know MicroB on the OS 2007-2008 is shit.
    It’s installable under OS 2006 too,but we can avoid it.
    Hey can I have your 810 then? :)

• I bought it and returned it within 24 hours. Why? no email support, is sony on crack something, how can you say my-life-on-line without email function. Need a proof? start web browser (very user unfriendly netfront), open yahoo mail webpage and login, bang, your browser is not supported. Don’t bother to try this gadget unless it is 50 bucks or below.