Lately it seems that not a day can go by without someone from Dell or AT&T supposedly divulging all kinds of details about the Streak's upcoming US release to an inquisitive caller. Why representatives from both companies are sharing/making up information before Dell makes an official announcement is strange enough, but the fact that so few people aren't questioning the info's legitimacy is even stranger.
We won't know what's true until the Dell Streak makes its long-overdue debut in the US, but here's a rundown of some of the most popular rumors:
- Release date is July 14th
- Release date is July 19th
- Release has been delayed by Samsung Captivate (AT&T, July 18th)
- AT&T and not Dell is the cause of the delay
- Will come with Android 2.1 or 2.2
- Available unlocked from Dell.com
- Available only through AT&T at launch
- Available unlocked for use with AT&T 3G only
- Available unlocked for use with AT&T 3G and T-Mobile 3G
- Unlocked price is $500
- Unlocked price is $800
Let's see which, if any, of these rumors turns out be true.