After a long day of travel yesterday, and unanticipated transportation delays, Paul and I missed the LG press conference at 8:00 a.m. this morning. I was kind of disappointed, as I really wanted to see everything happen live, but here’s a quick recap of the biggest highlights:
- LG is investing big in OLED displays, even as Samsung stated in its press conference that its new SUHD TV will be much better than OLED.
- LG is also going bigger than ever with a TV that’s 105 inches. The real question is, who has a living room big enough for something like that?
- Netflix is launching a recommended TV service that will run first on LG’s WebOS smart TV platform.
- LG also announced the G Flex 2 smartphone with a curved screen, quick charging battery, self-healing back plate, quick focus camera, and improved processor.
- Some stuff about appliances, too
You can watch the full press conference above.