AppsGood and EVOTips & Deals

Which Twitter app do you use on your HTC EVO?

Evo-twitterThere are dozens of Twitter apps for Android out there, but I still haven't been able to find one that I really like. Because of this, I use Echofon on my iPhone 4 for about 95% of my tweeting needs; the other 5% is split between the Twitter website and various apps that I end up abandoning.

I checked out just about every Android Twitter app available when I had my Nexus One a few months ago, but I haven't given many of them another try on the EVO or any other Android phone I've bought since then. So there's a good chance that some things have changed.

Features I'm looking for are threaded @ reply conversations, easy follow/unfollow and profile views, camera integration, multiple photo attachments to a single tweet, automatic URL shortening, photo previews, DM inbox and outbox, retweet with comment option, and a clean UI that doesn't require excessive tapping to get to commonly used features.

I don't mind compromising on some of these features, as Echofon doesn't have all of them, but I want something on Android that will be my sole Twitter app. Managing multiple Twitter clients on different devices/platforms isn't an option.

Any suggestions? What do you use to tweet from your HTC EVO?

Note: I'm @pocketables on Twitter.

30 thoughts on “Which Twitter app do you use on your HTC EVO?

• I’ve been using Seesmic for Android which is pretty stable etc.

• Seesmic for Android and SeesmicWeb when on my notebook. Both very solid.

• I used tweetdeck on my ipod touch and loved it. The installed client peep sends my alerts 12 hours later than the twitter one. Haven’t found one I like nearly as much as tweetdeck on the ipod touch yet.

• I just tried to unistall peep with no success. I chose the option force stop but it still shows up. hmmmmm, I wonder what I’m missing.

• Been using twicca since I got my Evo 2 months ago. Great app!

• Touiteur is my personal favorite

• I was also on the hunt for the best one. I agree, Touiteur is the best that I have found so far. I bought the pro version.

• There is no doubt that many of you are power users of Twitter, that being said, we’re talking about a phone and on Android I just don’t think you can beat Seesmic. Very supportive devs and now includes Buzz integration.

unfortunately not, Joey C. Not unless you root and delete it from the system folder.

• I currently use the (official)Twitter application on my Evo. Works better for me than the HTC Peep. I have Hootsuite on my laptop which is fine, but it would be way too much for me to handle on my phone. I did look at some others that are listed above, but im a simpleton when it comes to Twitter. :)
    When i am able to share or Tweet (directly)to Google reader i will upgrade to another application.

@Joey C. -Since i could not uninstall it, i basically had to sign out(no auto log in), and stop all notifications. It rarely worked anyway

• Twidroyd here also. Has most of the features Jenn listed.

It seems I’m one of the few that uses the official Twitter app. It has a cleaner interface than Peep and it does everything I need to do with Twitter. Tweet, Re-Tweet, and of course read other peoples tweets and go to links they include.

It’d be nice if someone made a comparison chart of the most popular twitter apps, I’d like to know what the differences are, pros, cons, etc…

I use Twidroyd as well but I’m intrigued by toiteur.

• I like Twidroyd because of the way it handles multiple accounts. Toiteur puts everything from multiple accounts in the same timeline but it’s color coded. This gets very confusing for me as I have 4 accounts and follow a lot of people in these accounts. I did use Tweetcaster but it had a lot of crashing/battery leak issues.

I think TweetCaster is the best!

• Another vote for tweetcaster. The premium version is very fast without the ads. Is feature packed, and looks gear as well.

• I’m currently using Twidroyd Pro, but looking into Touiter. I like the way it looks better, but haven’t had a chance to look into features yet.

• I’m fine with the regular old Twitter app. Way better than Peep!

• I tested them all and I also ended up opting for Tweetcaster Pro

• I am using the official twitter app and twidroid to see which one i like better. I came from a blackberry with ubertwitter which I liked so I am trying to find the perfect twitter app for my EVO.

I will check out the apps listed here to see if I can get a winner. Great post :)

I used this app for months just because it was the official Twitter app. But honestly it sucks so bad. I rather use HTC Peep instead.