Good and EVO

Sprint 4G LTE roundup, part 4: More unofficial roll out updates

4g lte small1 - for some reason we don't have an alt tag hereIn our previous three installments, we’ve given somewhat detailed information about Sprint’s progress in rolling out 4G LTE across the nation in various markets. This has been thanks to inside information obtained by S4GRU, but as we start looking at more and more markets that reach farther and farther into the future, it’s become a bit more difficult to give exact information on the progress that Sprint will have made by a certain point in time.

Therefore, in this article, we’ll simply list the rest of the markets for which we currently have information, along with a projected timeframe that LTE and Network Vision will be announced. Keep in mind that this is unofficial, and things could change, but this should – at the very least – give you a better idea of when you might start seeing the 4G symbol occasionally light up on your HTC EVO 4G LTE.

• New Orleans, LA: January

10. Fort Worth, TX
  11. Granbury-Hood County, TX
  12. Houston, TX
  13. Huntsville, TX
  14. San Antonio, TX
  15. Waco, TX

For information on Austin, TX; Baltimore, MD; Boston, MA;  and Washington, D.C., take a look at the first part of our recurring series. For information on Charlotte, NC; Chicago, IL; Jacksonville, FL; Los Angeles, CA; Miami, FL; or Norfolk, VA, check out part 2 of our recurring series. And finally, information about Central Jersey; Indianapolis, IN; Memphis, TN; Nashville, TN; New York City; Orlando, FL; Philadelphia, PA; Raleigh/Durham, SC; Southwest Florida; and Tampa, FL can be found in part 3.

[S4GRU]

John F

10 thoughts on “Sprint 4G LTE roundup, part 4: More unofficial roll out updates

• For those of you who didn’t understand the article Ill summarize it.
    The markets in the first list will have ONE lte tower in dates listed.
    The cities in the second list currently have ONE tower somewhere in that city.
    If you would like to know how lte coverage is going to look by 2020 head over to the Sprint website.

• And what do you know, Phoenix is nowhere to be found. Nice to see Rome, GA getting it before one of the largest cities in the U.S. Why didn’t I switch carriers when I had the chance?

• I live in Phoenix too and I’m very disappointed that phoenix doesn’t even show up in the “unofficial” list. I guess it won’t be here for another year if that ever happens. Waited 2 years for wimax I don’t think I will wait for LTE. I’ll be looking around for other options starting today. Only thing that holds me back is the EVO LTE, I really love this phone.

• I’m starting to regret signing a new contract when I bought my EVO LTE. This is starting to feel very much like a scam as I pay for service I am not receiving. I really hope that the estimated timing for L.A. from your previous article is somewhere near correct. My patience is wearing very thin because right now service is questionable here in the San Fernando Valley and across L.A. County.

• Dammit! Puerto Rico is getting it before Indianapolis?!?!?! ~guh~

• Way to go Sprint. I was told by one of your reps that I would have LTE by the end of this year, and if not, early next year, which persuaded me into getting my 4G LTE. I agree with David above. This is the WiMax thing all over again. I shouldnt be paying for “premium data” if I dont get to use it. There are absolutely no Ohio cities listed in that guide.While I know this is still “unnoficial”, it ties in pretty close to what Sprint has announced previously. I honestly may attempt to return this phone, and go with a carrier that has LTE NOW. It;s definitely worth it to lose my unlimited data.

• Way to go Sprint. I was told by one of your reps that I would have LTE by the end of this year, and if not, early next year, which persuaded me into getting my 4G LTE. I agree with David above. This is the WiMax thing all over again. I shouldnt be paying for “premium data” if I dont get to use it. There are absolutely no Ohio cities listed in that guide.While I know this is still “unnoficial”, it ties in pretty close to what Sprint has announced previously. And how on earth is PUERTO RICO going to get it before a major US city like LA? Poor business structure. I honestly may attempt to return this phone, and go with a carrier that has LTE NOW. It’s definitely worth it to lose my unlimited data.

• If you are still within 30 days you can return the phone and cancel the contract. Unlimited data means nothing when your download speeds are 10-85kbps. That’s what I’ve been getting here in Phoenix during peak hours. Totally worthless. They used to be good a couple of years ago. I’ve been with sprint for 8 years.

I think thats 14 days

If you have a wimax phone now in a wimax market it makes no sense to buy any sprint lte phone for at least a year until they get most of the network set up. At that point you will get a newer phone, since the evolte is full of problems and the s3 is only slightly better than the s2 anyhow.